Here’s what’s on in July:
Street Health and Harm Reduction Programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The next ID Clinic is cancelled this month.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. KAPOW will be cancelled on Friday July 29th. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- Shirley Hepditch, Client Support Worker, has drop-in hours on Monday and Friday from 10AM-12PM and Tuesday from 2-4PM. Note: drop-in hours will be cancelled on Monday July 4th and July 18th to 25th.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- POINT (Prevent Overdose in Toronto) Naloxone Training will be offered care of The Works Outreach Van (on Gwynne Avenue beside the PCHC parkette at 1229 Queen St W) on Thursday July 28th from 1-3pm. For more information, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The English Conversation Club will not take place this month.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM. Note: the drop-in will be cancelled on July 19th.
- For more information about seniors programming or to register in any of the above programs, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Families and Newcomers Programming:
- Incredible Years is a free parenting program for parents with kids aged 2-6 years old who want to learn more about play, praise, rewards, limit setting, problem solving, and handling misbehaviour. Child care and TTC tokens are available. This program takes place on Wednesdays from 9:30-11:30AM from April 6th until July 6th at Parkdale CHC. To register, please call Anita Win at 416.338.7987 or Rosa at 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
- For more information about newcomers programming, please call Rosa: 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
Health and Dental Programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic is closed for the summer and will resume in September.
- The Infant Hearing Program takes place on Fridays from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12PM-6PM. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Thursdays and Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455,ext. 222, to book an appointment.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday July 11th at 12:30PM.
- The Insulin Management Group is a four week workshop that will run for three weeks on Thursdays on June 23rd, July 7th, and July 14th from 1:30-3:30PM. This group is targeted towards individuals with type 2 diabetes who are currently using insulin, will be using insulin, or would like to learn more.
- For information about diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months. There is a short wait list for this group.
- Baby & Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months. There is a short wait list for this group.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years. If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Yohamma at 416.537.8222, ext. 502 or Stacia at ext. 505.
Women’s Connection Programming:
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 2-4PM. There will not be a session on June 7th. This group is for mothers who are experiencing symptoms of PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, please call Grazyna at 416.537.8222, ext. 303.
- Trauma 101: Healing from the Effects of Abuse and Trauma is a six week psycho-educational and skill-building series of workshops to help women who have experienced trauma better understand and cope with its impact. This workshop is for women who have experienced childhood sexual abuse, adult sexual assault, domestic violence, refugee trauma/torture. This workshop series takes place on Wednesdays from 5:30-7:30PM from July 6th to August 10th. To register, please call Grazyna at 416.537.8222, x. 303.
- Building Skills: Peer Learning and Empowerment Program is a skills building program that takes place on Tuesdays from July 19th to August 30th from 10AM-1PM. Build on your strength and skills, self-confidence, communication, and group work skills. This group is open to all who identify as women. Space is limited! For more information or to sign up, please call Nancy at 416.537.8222 ext. 310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call Stefania at 416.532.2824 ext. 233 or email email@example.com.
- Anger Management Counselling is offered both on a one-to-one basis and in a group format, depending on the needs of individuals and their comfort levels. The program targets two groups: individuals who are mandated by the law to take Anger Management course and people who are interested in taking the course for their own personal growth. Participants are required to attend six to eight sessions in order to complete the program. Referrals are accepted from probation officers, physicians, or other professionals. Self-referrals are also accepted. The program is for people living in the GTA area. For more information or to book an appointment, please call Elizabeth Guete at (416) 537 2455. ext 306.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Friday July 1st and Saturday July 2nd for Canada Day and on Saturday July 30th and Monday August 1st for the Civic Holiday.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.