Here’s what’s on in May:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.0275, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday May 20th from 10AM-12PM.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.0275, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-3PM.
- The Seniors in Action Advocacy Group will take place on Friday May 15th from 1-3PM.
- The Parkdale Caregivers Support Group is for individuals who are caring for parents, spouses, partners, relatives, children, or friend who may be feeling tired, stressed out, or isolated. This group meets on Mondays from 1:30-3:30PM from May 4th to June 15th, 2015 (no session on Victoria Day May 18). For more information, or to register, please call Sandra at 416 537 2455 ext. 238 or Norma ext. 233.
- Living Healthier to Live Longer is a group for seniors living at 20 West Lodge Ave who may be experiencing social or health problems or who would like to learn about how to live a healthier life. This program takes place at 20 West Lodge Avenue from 10-11:30AM on Thursdays. Registration is required.
- For more information about seniors programming, please call Sandra: 416.537.0275, ext. 238.
Families and Newcomers programming:
- Child Minding Training takes place on Wednesdays until May 27th from 3-5PM at Parkdale Intercultural Association.
- Nobody’s Perfect is a free parenting program for parents and caregivers with children six (6) years of age and under to talk about child growth and learning, child behaviour, child health and safety, and parenting stress. Childcare, snacks, and books are included. TTC tokens will be provided (if needed). This group meets weekly in sessions of 8-10 weeks. This session will run on Mondays from 1-3PM from March 23rd to June 1st.
- For more information about families and newcomers programs, please contact Rosa at 416.537.0275, ext. 231.
Health and dental programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic takes place on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-7:30PM. There will be no clinics on Wednesday May 6th and Thursday May 7th. The clinic will also be open on Saturday May 23rd from 11AM-3PM.
- The Infant Hearing Program takes place every Friday from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255.
- The Acupuncture Drop-In takes place on Wednesdays from 10-11AM May 6th to June 10th. For more info call Norma at 416.537.0275, ext. 233.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12:00PM to 6:00PM. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months. You may also visit the clinic Tuesday afternoons and ask if there are any cancellations.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455 to book an appointment.
- May is Foot Health Month! Parkdale CHC offers Chiropody Services for registered clients.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday May 11th at 12:30PM.
- The Gentle Exercise Class takes place on Fridays from 10:45AM-12PM. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- Plan Well, Budget Smart, Be Healthy is a program for individuals with diabetes or pre-diabetes. Learn how to plan menus, grocery shop, and prepare healthy meals during this five week program led by our Diabetes Nurse Educator and Diabetes Dietitian. This program will run on Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from May 14th to June 18th.
- Join us for a Cherry Blossom Walk in High Park on Friday May 8th. Meet at Parkdale CHC at 10AM and bring a brown bag lunch, comfortable shoes, sun protection, camera, and blood glucose management supplies. TTC fare to and from the park will be provided.
- For information about Diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.0275, ext 236.
- Baby and Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months. Please note that there is a wait list for this program.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Fatherhood 101: Dads Drop-In is a drop- in for fathers with children 0-3 years of age that takes place on the fourth Wednesday night of the month from 6-7:30pm at 27 Roncesvalles Ave, Suite 503. Childcare, TTC and a light meal will be provided. The next session will take place on Wednesday May 27th.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Stacia at 416.537.8222, ext. 505, or Yohama at ext. 502.
Women’s Connection Programming:
- Yoga and Mindfulness for Moms is a trauma-informed group that aims to teach participants stress management skills, self-awareness, and self-compassion through techniques such as deep breathing, relaxation, and mindfulness meditation. This group takes place on Fridays from 10:30AM-1PM from May 1st until June 5th in Suite 503, 27 Roncesvalles Ave. Childcare, snacks, and TTC tokens will be provided. Space is limited. Please register by calling 416.537.8222 ext. 307 (Kendra) or 305 (Isabel).
- Building Skills: Peer Learning and Empowerment Program is a skills building program that takes place on Tuesdays from May 19th to June 30th from 10AM-1PM. Build on your strength and skills, self-confidence, communication, and group work skills. This group is open to all who identify as women. Space is limited! To register, please call Nancy at 416.537.8222, ext. 310.
- Join us for a six week Wellness Workshop on Thursdays from 2-4PM from May 7th to June 11th. Learn how to improve your emotional and physical well being through techniques like expressive arts, yoga, mindfulness, and relaxation. Snacks and TTC tokens will be provided. This group is LGBTQ inclusive. Pre-registration is required. Please call Connie at 416.537.8222, ext. 309, or Kendra at ext. 307.
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 2-4PM. This group is for mothers who are suffering from PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, clients may call Isabel at 416.537.8222, ext. 305, or Grazyna at ext. 303.
- Trauma 101: Healing from the Effects of Abuse and Trauma is a six week psycho-educational and skill-building series of workshops to help women who have experienced trauma better understand and cope with its impact. This workshop is for women who have experienced childhood sexual abuse, adult sexual assault, domestic violence, refugee trauma/torture. This workshop series takes place on Wednesdays from 5-7PM from May 27th to July 8th, with no session on July 1st.To register, please call Grazyna at 416.537.8222, x303.
- Parkdale CHC is offering Anger Management sessions that are geared towards individuals are who mandated by the law to take Anger Management courses or are interested in joining the group for their own personal growth. Sessions run weekly on Wednesdays from April 1st until May 20th from 4:30-6PM. The program and necessary materials are free of charge. Referrals are accepted from probation officers, physicians, or other professionals. Self-referrals are also accepted. To register, please call Elizabeth Guete at (416) 537 2455. ext 306.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Saturday May 16th and Monday May 18th for Victoria Day.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.