Posted by Melissa
Here's what's on in April:
Harm Reduction Programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- The Harm Reduction Program will be open for regular drop-in hours.
Population Health Programming:
- Shirley Hepditch, Client Support Worker, has drop-in hours on Monday and Friday from 10AM-12PM and Tuesday from 2-4PM.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday April 19th from 10AM-12PM.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday April 10th and 24th from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM.
- Fit for Life is a pole walking group for participants aged 55 and above. Join us for pole walking, pole strengthening, balance, and stretching. This program takes place on Wednesdays from 10-11:30AM starting March 29th. Please wear comfortable clothes and proper footwear for indoor and outdoor walking. For more information, or to register, please contact Sandra at 416.537.2455, ext. 238. Group registration is limited to 10 participants.
- Living Life to the Full is a program for caregivers over the age of 55 and teaches new skills for coping with life's challenges. Use the principles of cognitive behavioural therapy to learn more about mental well-being and how to make small changes to feel happier, less stress, and more in control. This program runs on Thursdays from 10-11:30AM from May 11th to June 29th. Space is limited to 15 participants. Registration is required.
- For more information about seniors programming or to register in any of the above programs, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Families and Newcomers Programming:
- For more information, please call Rosa: 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
Health and Dental Programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and is open from 10AM-6PM on Wednesdays. Note that some Wednesday clinics will take place at 2340 Dundas St West.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic takes place on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-7:30PM on April 5th, 6th, 12th, and 13th. The clinic will also be open on Saturday April 8th from 11AM-3PM.
- The Infant Hearing Program takes place on Fridays from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12PM-6PM. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months. For more information, please contact Sarah Bowler, ND (Supervisor) via email at email@example.com.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455,ext. 222, to book an appointment.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday April 10th at 12:30PM.
- For information about diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months. Please call 416.537.8222, ext 502, for more information.
- Baby & Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months. Please call 416.537.8222, ext 502, for more information.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Fatherhood 101: Drop-In for Dads is a drop-in for dads-to-be and dads with children 0-3 years of age. This group will take place on Wednesday April 12th and 26th from 6-7:45pm at 27 Roncesvalles Ave, Suite 503. Childcare, TTC tokens, and a light meal will be provided.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years. If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Nevetha at 416.537.8222, ext. 502 or Stacia at ext. 505.
Women's Connection Programming:
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 2-4PM. This group is for mothers who are experiencing symptoms of PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, please call Grazyna at 416.537.8222, ext. 303.
- Building Skills: Peer Learning and Empowerment Program is a skills building program that takes place on Wednesdays from April 12th to May 31st from 10AM-1PM. Build on your strength and skills, self-confidence, communication, and group work skills. This group is open to all who identify as women. Space is limited! To register, please call Nancy at 416.537.8222, ext. 310.
Parkdale CHC will be closed on Friday April 14th and Saturday April 15th for Good Friday.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.