Posted by Melissa
Here's what's on in September:
Street Health and Harm Reduction Programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The next ID Clinic wil take place on Wednesday September 21st from 10AM-12PM.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- Shirley Hepditch, Client Support Worker, has drop-in hours on Monday and Friday from 10AM-12PM and Tuesday from 2-4PM.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday September 12th and 26th from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM. This group will be cancelled on Monday September 26th.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM. The drop-in will be cancelled on Tuesday September 27th.
- Seniors in Action will meet on Monday September 12th from 3-5PM.
- Join us for a new four week Self-Care Program this month, offered on Wednesdays from 10-11:30AM from September 7th to 28th. Get together and learn about the importance of self-care, including the components of self-care, self-care techniques, and identifying barriers to self-care. This program is offered in partnership with Ecuhome and will take place at 149 Jameson Avenue (at King Street).
- For more information about seniors programming or to register in any of the above programs, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Families and Newcomers Programming:
- Nobody's Perfect is a free parenting program for parents and caregivers with children six years of age and under to talk about child growth and learning, child behaviour, child health and safety, and parenting stress. Childcare and books are included. TTC tokens will be provided (if needed). This group meets on Thursdays from 10AM-12PM from September 15th to November 3rd.
- Living and Learning with Baby is a program for parents and caregivers with children six weeks to six months. Come and meet other parents and talk about adjusting to parenthood, infant nutrition, growth and development, caring for a sick child, keeping your child safe, and community resources. This is a free program provided by Toronto Public Health Nurses. This group runs on Wednesdays from 10AM-12PM from September 21st to October 26th. To register, please call Toronto Health Connection at 416.338.7600 or Rosa at 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
- For more information about families and newcomers programming, please call Rosa: 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
Health and Dental Programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday. The clinic will be closed on Friday September 23rd.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic takes place on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-7:30PM starting September 21st in addition to Saturday September 24th from 11AM-3PM.
- The Infant Hearing Program takes place on Fridays from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12PM-6PM. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months. For more information, please contact Sarah Bowler, ND (Supervisor) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455,ext. 222, to book an appointment.
- Programming will resume later this fall.
- For information about diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months. There is a short wait list for this group.
- Baby & Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months. There is a short wait list for this group.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Fatherhood 101: Drop-In for Dads is a drop-in for dads with children 0-3 years of age and dads-to-be. This group takes place on Wednesday September 7th and 28th from 6-7:30pm at 27 Roncesvalles Ave, Suite 503. Childcare, TTC tokens and a light meal will be provided.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years. If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Yohama at 416.537.8222, ext. 502 or Stacia at ext. 505.
Women's Connection Programming:
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 2-4PM. There will not be a session on June 7th. This group is for mothers who are experiencing symptoms of PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, please call Grazyna at 416.537.8222, ext. 303.
- Anger Management Counselling is offered both on a one-to-one basis and in a group format, depending on the needs of individuals and their comfort levels. The program targets two groups: individuals who are mandated by the law to take Anger Management course and people who are interested in taking the course for their own personal growth. Participants are required to attend six to eight sessions in order to complete the program. Referrals are accepted from probation officers, physicians, or other professionals. Self-referrals are also accepted. The program is for people living in the GTA area. For more information or to book an appointment, please call Elizabeth Guete at (416) 537 2455. ext 306.
Annual General Meeting and Townhall on Voluntary Integration:
Join us on Tuesday September 27th for our Annual General Meeting. Doors will open at 5:30PM and the AGM will start at 6:00PM. Dinner will be served and all are welcome! Following the AGM, we will be having a Townhall on Voluntary Integration with Queen West - Central Toronto CHC at 7:00PM. Would you like more information about Parkdale CHC's exploration of integration with QW-CT CHC? Join us for an open dialogue! Please RSVP by Monday September 19th by contacting Beth Weirzbicki by telephone at 416.537.2455, ext. 309, or by email at email@example.com.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Saturday September 3rd and Monday September 5th for Labour Day.
Upcoming Programming in October:
- Join us for a Cancer Prevention and Awareness Event in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month on Friday October 14th from 10AM-1PM. Attend a workshop or visit an information booth to learn more about health eating, gentle fitness, mindfulness meditation, cancer prevention and screening, and smoking cessation. Light refreshments, prizes, and giveaways will be available.
- Fit for Life is a pole walking group for participants aged 55 and above. Join us every Tuesday for pole walking, pole strengthening, balance, and stretching. This program takes place on Tuesdays from 10-11AM from October 4th to December 6th. Please wear comfortable clothes and proper footwear for indoor and outdoor walking. For more information, or to register, please contact Sandra at 416.537.2455, ext. 238. Group registration is limited to 10 participants.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.