Posted by Melissa
Here's what's on in December:
Harm Reduction Programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor. This program will not take place on Tuesday December 27th.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. This group will be cancelled on Friday December 23rd. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- The Harm Reduction Program will be open for regular drop-in hours throughout December.
Population Health Programming:
- Shirley Hepditch, Client Support Worker, has drop-in hours on Monday and Friday from 10AM-12PM and Tuesday from 2-4PM. The drop-in will be cancelled on December 5th and from December 23rd to January 3rd.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday December 21st from 10AM-12PM.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday December 5th and 19th from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM. This program will not take place on Tuesday December 20th or 27th.
- Seniors in Action will meet on Monday December 12th from 2-3:30PM.
- Fit for Life is a pole walking group for participants aged 55 and above. Join us for pole walking, pole strengthening, balance, and stretching. The last session is Thursday December 8th. Please wear comfortable clothes and proper footwear for indoor and outdoor walking. For more information, or to register, please contact Sandra at 416.537.2455, ext. 238. Group registration is limited to 10 participants. This program is full.
- Living Life to the Full is a program for caregivers over the age of 55 and teaches new skills for coping with life's challenges. Use the principles of cognitive behavioural therapy to learn more about mental well-being and how to make small changes to feel happier, less stress, and more in control. This program runs on Wednesdays from 10-11:30AM from October 26th to December 14th at 20 West Lodge Ave. Space is limited. Registration is required. This program is full.
- Chronic Pain and Self-Management is a six week workshop that aims to help individuals with chronic pain manage their health and quality of life with confidence. This group is open to anyone living with chronic pain and anyone providing care and support to someone living with chronic pain. Participants will learn about positive thinking, goal setting, pacing activity and rest, decision-making skills, communication skills, meducation use and treatment evaluation, and healthy eating. Participants will receive TTC tokens, a relaxation CD, and "Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain" (book). This group takes place on Thursdays from 10AM-12:30PM from October 27th to December 1st. Pre-registration is required. This program is full.
- For more information about seniors programming or to register in any of the above programs, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Families and Newcomers Programming:
- Bridging the Gap is an inter-generational knitting club for beginner and experienced knitters to share their knowledge and learn new skills. Come to learn, share, socialize, and meet new friends! This group takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM.
- For more information, or to register in any of the above programs, please call Rosa: 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
Health and Dental Programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday. The dental clinic will be closed on Tuesday December 6th and from Monday December 19th to Friday December 30th.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic takes place on Wednesday December 7th and Thursday December 1st and 8th from 4:30-7:30PM. The clinic will be closed for the rest of the month.
- The Infant Hearing Program takes place on Fridays from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12PM-6PM. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months. For more information, please contact Sarah Bowler, ND (Supervisor) via email at email@example.com.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455,ext. 222, to book an appointment.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday December 12th.
- For information about diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months. The waitlist for this program is temporarily closed, please call for information about other programs.
- Baby & Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months. The waitlist for this program is temporarily closed, please call for information about other programs.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Fatherhood 101: Drop-In for Dads is a drop-in for dads with children 0-3 years of age and dads-to-be. This group takes place on Wednesday December 14th 6-7:45pm at 27 Roncesvalles Ave, Suite 503. Childcare, TTC tokens and a light meal will be provided.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years. If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Yohama at 416.537.8222, ext. 502 or Stacia at ext. 505.
- The 5Ps will be closed from Monday December 19th to Friday January 6th and will reopen on Monday January 9th.
Women's Connection Programming:
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 2-4PM. This group will not take place on Tuesday December 27th. This group is for mothers who are experiencing symptoms of PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, please call Grazyna at 416.537.8222, ext. 303.
- Join us on Tuesday December 6th from 2:30-5PM for a Parkdale Community Forum for the National Day of Remembrance and Action of Violence Against Women. This event will take place at the Parkdale Intercultural Association at 1365 Queen Street West (east of Lansdowne). There will be guest speakers, refreshements, prize draw, entertainment, and activities for children. For more information or to RSVP, please contact Nancy at 416.537.8222, ext. 310, or Vic at 416.531.2411, ext. 243.
- The Satellite Office will be closed on Tuesday December 27th.
- Anger Management Counselling is offered both on a one-to-one basis and in a group format, depending on the needs of individuals and their comfort levels. The program targets two groups: individuals who are mandated by the law to take Anger Management course and people who are interested in taking the course for their own personal growth. Participants are required to attend six to eight sessions in order to complete the program. Referrals are accepted from probation officers, physicians, or other professionals. Self-referrals are also accepted. The program is for people living in the GTA area. For more information or to book an appointment, please call Elizabeth Guete at (416) 537 2455. ext 306.
Parkdale CHC's hours of operation during the holidays will be:
- Monday December 19th to Friday December 23rd: regular hours
- Saturday December 24th (Christmas Eve): closed
- Monday December 26th (Boxing Day): closed
- Tuesday December 27th: the main site will open from 10AM-1PM with skeletal staffing only
- Wednesday December 28th to Friday December 30th: regular hours
- Saturday December 31st (New Year's Eve): closed
- Monday January 2nd: closed
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.