Here’s what’s on in October:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.0275, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The Men’s Mental Health Advisory Group takes place weekly on Fridays from 1-3PM. For more information, please call Sri at 416.537.0275, ext. 308. This group will be cancelled on Friday October 3rd.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday October 15th from 10AM-12PM.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.0275, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The Harm Reduction Community Advisory Group will take place on Thursday October 16th from 12-1PM in the Board Room.
Women’s Connection programming:
- The Expressive Arts Group takes place from 2:30-4:30PM on Fridays. In this group, women (and women identified folks) can help themselves to arts materials and work independently on projects. Staff offer a creative and supportive environment. For more information, please call Heather at 416.537.8222, ext. 304.
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM. This group is for mothers who are suffering from PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, clients may call Isabel at 416.537.8222, ext. 305, or Grazyna at ext. 303.
- The Tamil Women’s Group takes place on Thursday October 2nd and 16th from 10-12PM. For more information, please call Satha at 416.537.0275, ext. 285.
- Building Skills: Peer Learning and Empowerment Program is a seven week skills building program for women and all who identify as women. Build on your strengths and skills, self-confidence, communication skills, and group work skills. Held on Wednesdays from 10AM-1PM from October 1st to November 12th. Space is limited. For more information, or to register, call Nancy at 416.537.8222, ext. 310.
- Baby and Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months. Please note that there is a wait list for this program.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months. Please note that there is a wait list for this program.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- The Language of Parenting is an eight week program designed to help you and your baby to ease into family life and build a strong foundation for attachment and support. This program combines traditional prenatal classes that help you prepare for pregnancy, labour and birth with your family parenting style. This program will run on Saturdays from 10AM-1PM from October 18th to December 6th. Childcare, TTC and a light meal will be provided. To register or to add your name to the waitlist, please call: 416.537.8222 ext 505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fatherhood 101: Dads Drop-In is a drop- in for fathers with children 0-3 years of age. Meet other new fathers and discuss a variety of topics, including: the ups and downs in life as a new dad, the power of playing with your child, financial planning for the family, and much more! The drop-in is led by Brian Russell, an experienced facilitator and father who has been working with fathers and couples for many years. Brian is also the coordinator of Dad Central Ontario. This program runs every fourth Wednesday night of the month from 6-7:30pm at 27 Roncesvalles Ave, Suite 503. Childcare, TTC and a light meal will be provided.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Stacia at 416.537.8222, ext. 505.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-3PM. Join us for a special celebration on Tuesday October 7th for National Seniors Day. We’ll be holding a talent show for seniors to showcase their art, crafts, dancing, poetry reading, and singing skills. The drop-in will be cancelled on Tuesday October 14th.
- The Seniors Drumming Group is a multicultural seniors group for those who love drumming. No previous experience is required, only the desire to learn and have fun! This group will take place on ThursdayCotober 16th and 30th from 4-5PM.
- The Seniors Advocacy Group will take place on Thursday October 23rd from 10-11:30AM.
- Join us for a six week program on Mental Fitness for Older Adults on Wednesdays from 10AM-12PM from October 22nd to November 26th. Do you feel overwhelmed? Lonely? Nervous? Stressed? Sad? Anxious? If you answered yes to any of the above, you may benefit from this group. Snacks will be provided. Call Sandra for more information and to register: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
- For more information about seniors programming, please call Sandra: 416.537.0275, ext. 238.
Health and dental programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic will take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-7:30PM. The clinic will also be open on Saturday October 18th from 11AM-3PM. The clinic will be closed on Wednesday October 22nd and Thursday October 23rd.
- The Acupuncture Drop-In takes place on Wednesdays from 10:15-11AM from September 10th to October 29th. For more info call Norma at 416.537.0275, ext. 233.
- We will be holding a One Stop Shop Clinic on Cancer Awareness in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Community Health Week. This event will take place on Thursday October 9th from 10AM-3PM on the first floor. Join us for a full day of workshops, information booths, and displays on: breast health and screening, cervical and colon cancer, nutrition and healthy lifestyle, and community supports. We’ll have door prizes and lunch will be provided. For more information, please call Sandra G. at 416.537.2455, x. 238.
- There will be no Living Well Lunch Club during the month of October.
- The Gentle Exercise Class will take place on Fridays from 10:45AM-12PM. This group will not take place on Friday October 3rd. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- Diabetes and Weight Management is a three week workshop led by a Registered Diabetes Dietitian that will take place on Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from September 25th to October 9th. Share personal stories, learn weight loss tips and tricks, understand your food habits, develop strategies for curbing emotional eating, and stay motivated to reach your goals!
- For information about Diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.0275, ext 236.
Families and Newcomers:
- Roma Health and Well Being is a 12 week program for members of the Roma community. It will take place from 10AM-12PM on Wednesdays from September 10th to November 26th. Discussion topics include cancer prevention and awareness, pregnancy, healthy lifestyle, smoking, youth, dental health, sexual health, and more. Interpretation, snacks, and child care will be provided. For more information, please call Rosa 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
Food Security and Nutrition Programming:
- Guys Can Cook is a free seven week program for guy aged 13-17. Cook with a chef, get work experience, make and eat delicious food, and learn in a fun environment. Earn your Food Handler Certificate! This program will take place on Tuesdays from 3:30-7:30 from September 16th to October 28th. For more information, or to register, please call Karin at 416.537.0275, x. 359.
- Drop by Parkdale CHC on Tuesdays between 3-7PM to order your Good Food Box for pick-up the following week.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Saturday October 11th and Monday October 13th for Thanksgiving.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.