If you would like a hard copy of our newsletter, please ask for one the next time you drop by the Centre!
Join us for this eight week film series showcasing classic and current Tamil and Hindi films, starting this Monday February 6th at 6PM in the Large Group Room on the first floor. Dinner will be provided.
This week we’ll be screening Don, a 2006 action thriller starring Sharukh Khan.
For more information, please contact Jacub at 416.537.0275, ext. 235.
Would you like to:
- Learn to cook more low-cost, healthy and simple meals?
- Know more about food and nutrition?
- Have fun and meet new people?
Look no further!
Join us for this brand new six week program, led by a Registered Dietitian, where we will cook a variety of healthy meals and share recipes, cooking tips and healthy eating ideas in a relaxed and supportive environment. There is no cost to participate!
This group will be capped to a maximum of fifteen participants. Childcare is available.
WHERE: Large Group Room, First Floor, Parkdale Community Health Centre, 1229 Queen Street W, at Dufferin
WHEN: Thursday evenings from 5-7:30PM from February 16th to March 22nd
SIGN UP: Registration is required. To sign up, please contact either: Andrea at 416.537.0275, x. 359 or Mel at 416.537.0275, x. 236.
This Friday January 27th, Parkdale CHC will be holding a focus group to explore and discuss the needs of LGBTQ identified individuals living in Parkdale. If you are LGBTQ identified, we invite you to attend to give us your suggestions and join in on the conversation.
Lunch will be provided and you will receive an honorarium for attending.
When: Friday January 27th, 1-3PM
Where: Large Group Room, 1st floor of Parkdale Community Health Centre
For more information, please call either Connie at 416.537.0275, ext.232, or Jacub at ext. 235.
The West End Oral Health Clinic (WEOHC), offered at Parkdale Community Health Centre, provides dental services free of charge for those in need. Dental hygiene services are provided by George Brown College Students.
Services provided include:
- General Check Ups
- Radiographs (x-rays)
- Cleanings (scaling and polishing)
- Oral Self Care Instruction
- Age 18 – 64
- No extended health/dental insurance
- ODSP (cleanings only – if required above your allowable coverage)
- OW (cleanings only)
Hours of Operation:
- Wednesday & Thursday evenings: 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm (Cleanings only)
- Saturdays (once a month): 11:00 am to 3:00 pm (Cleaning & Restorative services)
- Call or email: 416-537-0275 ext. 415 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave your name, phone number and services requested. A clerk will contact you to arrange a convenient date and time.
We are now recruiting for the following positions:
- Community Health Outreach Worker (Full-time, permanent)
- HIV/AIDS Outreach Worker, Streethealth Program (One year contract, full-time)
- Dental Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
PCHC is committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities it serves. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Parkdale CHC invites you to join us for Bollywood Nights, an eight week film series showcasing classic and current Tamil and Hindi films. Join us on Monday nights at 6PM in February and March 2012 in the Large Group Room on the first floor. Dinner will be provided.
For more information, please contact Jacub at 416.537.0275, ext. 235 or download the event poster for Bollywood Nights here.