Here's what's on in November:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- The Men's Drop-In will take place on Thursday November 7th and 21st.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday November 20th from 10AM-12PM.
- The Kit Group takes place on Monday afternoons from 2:30-4:30PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call Jacub at 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The LGBTQ Drop-In will take place on Tuesdays from 2-4PM. For more information, please call Connie at 416.537.2455, ext. 232.
- Transgender Day of Remembrance at Parkdale CHC and the 519 Community Centre: Parkdale Community Health Centre invites you to join us for a pizza dinner from 5-6PM at PCHC (1229 Queen St W) on Wednesday November 20th, after which we'll head over together to the 519 Community Centre for 7PM to commemorate those trans members of our communities who are no longer with us. For more information, please call Connie: (416) 537-2455, ext. 232. The 519 is located at 519 Church St (at Wellesley) and is a wheelchair accessible space, with accessible and gender neutral washrooms. Trans Day of Remembrance will be ASL interpreted for the Deaf and hard of hearing communities.
- Baby and Me takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call: 416.537.8222, extension 502.
- The last Acupuncture Drop-In session is taking place on Wednesday from 10:15-11AM on November 6th. For more info call Norma: 416.537.2455, ext. 233.
Women's Connection Programming:
- Building Skills: Peer Learning and Empowerment Program is a 6-week program that will take place November 5th to December 10th on Tuesdays from 10:00 am - 12:30 noon for women and all who identify as women. Build on your: strengths and skills, communication skills, self-confidence, and group work skills. For more information or to sign up, please call Nancy at 416.537.8222 ext.310.
- Trauma-Informed Yoga for Women: join us to improve your stress management skills, self- awareness, self-control, and self-compassion through techniques such as deep breathing, relaxation, and mindfulness meditation. Childcare, snacks, and TTC tokens will be provided. This group will run on Mondays from 1-3PM from November 4th to 25th. To register, please call Isabel: 415.537.8222, ext. 305.
- On Monday November 11th, Parkdale CHC will host an all day health fair for World Diabetes Day. Join us to share your stories about diabetes, get your blood sugar and blood pressure tested by a Registered Nurse, participate in a cooking demo, participate in a gentle exercise class led by a Physiotherapist, and learn about dental hygiene from George Brown dental students. Lunch will be provided. Wear blue to show support! Monday November 11th from 9:30AM-4PM, first floor of Parkdale CHC.
- There will be no Living Well Lunch Club this month due to World Diabetes Day.
- The Gentle Exercise Class will take place on Fridays from 10:45AM-12PM. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- The Soup Making Group will take place on Wednesday November 27th from 10AM-12PM.
- The English Conversation Class will take place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM. It will be cancelled on Monday November 11th.
- The Arthritis Self Management Program will take place on Mondays from 1-3PM. Pre-registration is required.
- The Seniors Drop-In will take place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM. It will be cancelled on Tuesday November 5th.
- The Seniors Advocacy Group will take place on Thursday November 7th from 10-11:30AM.
- For more info, or to register in any of the above programs, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic will be closed on Monday November 11th for Remembrance Day.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.