Here's what's on in February:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- The Men's Mental Health Advisory Group will take place on Thursdays from 2:30-4PM. For more information, please call Arno at 416.537.2455, ext. 308.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday February 19th from 10AM-12PM.
- The Kit Group takes place on Mondays from 2:30-4:30PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- KAPOW takes place on Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The LGBTQ Wellness Group is for for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, two-spirited, intersex, queer, and questioning folks in Parkdale. It runs on Tuesday afternoons from 2-4PM from January 28th to March 4th and will focus on mental health. Learn more about yoga, acupuncture and laughing yoga. Learn how to cope with stress, depression and PTSD. Snacks and TTC tokens will be provided. Pre-registration is required. To register, or for more information, please contact Connie at 416.537.2455, ext. 232, or Shirley at extension 302.
Women's Connection programming:
- The Expressive Arts Group takes place from 2:30-4:30PM on Fridays. For more information, please call Heather at 416.537.8222, ext. 304.
- There will be an information night on Wednesday February 26th from 6:30-9PM on Understanding Postpartum Depression and Beyond: Supporting Moms and Families During the Challenging Transition into Parenthood. Pizza will be provided at 6:30PM and the workshop will begin at 7PM. A limited number of FREE childcare spaces are provided upon request. Space is limited, so call as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Registration is required; please call Deborah at (416) 537-8222, ext. 300.
- Building Skills: Peer Learning and Empowerment Program is a seven week program that will take place on Tuesdays from 9:30AM-12:30PM from February 18th to April 1st. Join us building on your strength and skills, self-confidence, communication skills, and group work skills. Space is limited. For more information or to sign up, please call Nancy at 416.537.8222, ext. 310.
- Baby and Me takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Join us on February 6th for "How to Take Care of a Sick Child," on February 13th for "Emotional Wellbeing and Parenting," on February 20th for "How to Prepare Baby Food," and on February 27th for "RESPs."
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This month, join us for "How to Take Care of a Sick Child" on February 3rd, "Emotional Wellbeing" on February 10th, and "How to Prepare Baby Food" on February 24th. There will be no program on Monday February 17th for Family Day.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. Topics for this month: Postpatum Depression on February 5th , Health Weights to a Healthy Pregnancy on February 12th, Breastfeeding on February 19th, and RESPs on February 26th.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call 416.537.8222, extension 502.
- Parkdale Young Parents takes place on Tuesdays from 4-6PM. For more information, please call Rosa at 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
Health and dental programming:
- The Acupuncture Drop-In takes place on Wednesdays from 10:15-11AM. For more info call Norma at 416.537.2455, ext. 233.
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic will take place on Wednesday February 5th and 12th and Thursday February 6th and 13th from 4:30-7:30PM. The Clinic will also be held on Saturday February 8th from 11AM-3PM. The Clinic will be closed from February 16th to 28th.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday February 10th at 12PM.
- The Gentle Exercise Class takes place on Fridays from 10:45AM-12PM. There will be no session on Friday February 14th. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- The Walking Group will takes place on Wednesdays at 3:30PM.
- For information about Diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
Food Security and Nutrition Programming:
- Drop by Parkdale CHC on Tuesdays between 3-7PM to order your Good Food Box for pick-up the following week.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Saturday February 15th and Monday February 17th for Family Day.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.