Here's what's on in March:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- The Men's Mental Health Advisory Group will take place on Thursdays from 2:30-4PM. For more information, please call Arno at 416.537.2455, ext. 308.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday March 19th from 10AM-12PM.
- The Kit Group takes place on Mondays from 2:30-4:30PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. There will be no session on Friday March 14th, 21st, or 28th. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The LGBTQ Wellness Group is for for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, two-spirited, intersex, queer, and questioning folks in Parkdale. It runs on Tuesday afternoons from 2-4PM from January 28th to March 4th and will focus on mental health. Learn more about yoga, acupuncture and laughing yoga. Learn how to cope with stress, depression and PTSD. Snacks and TTC tokens will be provided. Pre-registration is required. To register, or for more information, please contact Connie at 416.537.2455, ext. 232, or Shirley at extension 302.
Women's Connection programming:
- The Expressive Arts Group takes place from 2:30-4:30PM on Fridays. For more information, please call Heather at 416.537.8222, ext. 304.
- Building Skills: Peer Learning and Empowerment Program is a seven week program that will take place on Tuesdays from 9:30AM-12:30PM from February 18th to April 1st. Join us building on your strength and skills, self-confidence, communication skills, and group work skills. Space is limited. For more information or to sign up, please call Nancy at 416.537.8222, ext. 310.
- Baby and Me takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Topics this month are: Safety at Home on March 6th, a chat with a Parkdale librarian on March 20th, and Father Involvement on March 27th. Baby and Me will be cancelled on Thursday March 13th for March Break.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Mom and Baby Circle will be cancelled on Monday March 10th for March Break.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. This month's topics are Labour and Delivery on March 5th, Breastfeeding on March 19th, and Sexual Health on March 26th. Prenatal Nutrition and Support will be cancelled on Wednesday March 12th for March Break.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call 416.537.8222, extension 502.
- Parkdale Young Parents takes place on Tuesdays from 4-6PM. For more information, please call Rosa at 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM. Practice your English in a supportive environment with other seniors!
- The Seniors Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-3PM. Join us on March 11th for "Coping with Sleeping Disorders" and on March 18th for "Hand Therapy."
- The Seniors Advocacy Group will take place on Thursday March 20th from 10-11:30AM.
- The Salad Making Group will take place on Wednesday March 26th from 10AM-12PM.
- For more information about seniors programming, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Health and dental programming:
- The Acupuncture Drop-In takes place on Wednesdays from 10:15-11AM from January 15th to March 4th. The next session takes place Wednesday March 26th to April 30th. For more info call Norma at 416.537.2455, ext. 233.
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic will take place on Wednesday March 12th, 19th, and 26th and Thursday 13th, 20th, and 27th from 4:30-7:30PM. The Clinic will also be held on Saturday March 22nd from 11AM-3PM.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday March 10th at 12PM.
- The Gentle Exercise Class takes place on Fridays from 10:45AM-12PM. There will be no session on Friday March 28th. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- The Walking Group will takes place on Wednesdays at 3:30PM.
- Helping You Cope with Diabetes: You Are More Than Your Blood Sugars is a free seven week program led by a Diabetes Nurse Educator and Diabetes Dietitian. Learn to recognize signs of stress, develop coping mechanisms for dealing with stress, and learn and share with others who are also experiencing "diabetes burnout." This program runs on Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from March 20th to May 1st.
- For information about Diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
Food Security and Nutrition Programming:
- Drop by Parkdale CHC on Tuesdays between 3-7PM to order your Good Food Box for pick-up the following week.
- Parkdale CHC will be open for regular hours throughout March.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.