Here's what's on in May:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- The Men's Mental Health Advisory Group takes place weekly on Fridays from 1-3PM. For more information, please call Sri at 416.537.2455, ext. 308, or Arno at ext 424.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday May 21st from 10AM-12PM.
- The Kit Group takes place on Mondays from 2:30-4:30PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The Harm Reduction Community Advisory Group will take place on Thursday May 15th from 1-2PM.
Women's Connection programming:
- The Expressive Arts Group takes place from 2:30-4:30PM on Fridays. In this group, women (and women identified folks) can help themselves to arts materials and work independently on projects. Staff offer a creative and supportive environment. For more information, please call Heather at 416.537.8222, ext. 304.
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM. This group is for mothers who are suffering from PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, clients may call 416-537-8222 ask for Isabel or Grazyna.
- Baby and Me takes place on Thursdays from 10:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. This month's topics are Nutrition and Breastfeeding on May 7th, Dental on May 14th, Child Tax Benefits on May 21st, Labour and Delivery on May 28th.
- Childcare for older children is provided onsite during these programs.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Yohama at 416.537.8222, extension 502.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM. Practice your English in a supportive environment with other seniors!
- The Seniors Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-3PM. This month's topics are: Time with the Nurse and Gentle Fitness on May 6th, Manicure for Grandmothers May 13th, LGBTQ Movie and Time with the Nurse and Gentle Fitness on May 20th.
- The Seniors Advocacy Group will take place on Thursday May 15th from 10-11:30AM.
- For more information about seniors programming, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
- Nobody's Perfect is a free parenting program for parents and caregivers with children six (6) years of age and under to talk about child growth and learning, child behaviour, child health and safety, and parenting stress. Childcare, snacks, and books are included. TTC tokens will be provided (if needed). This session will run on Tuesdays from May 6th to June 24th from 3:30-5:30PM. For more information, please contact Rosa Ribeiro via telephone: 416.537.2455, ext 231.
Health and dental programming:
- The Acupuncture Drop-In takes place on Wednesdays from 10:15-11AM until May 21st. For more info call Norma at 416.537.2455, ext. 233.
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic takes place on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-7:30PM. The Clinic will also be held on Saturday May 24th from 11AM-3PM.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday May 12th at 12PM.
- The Gentle Exercise Class takes place on Fridays from 10:45AM-12PM. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- The Walking Group will takes place on Wednesdays at 3:30PM.
- Craving Change is a three week program that will take place on Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM on May 15th, 22nd, and 29th. In this group, participants will explore their relationship to food, why they eat, and learn strategies to change their problematic eating.
- For information about Diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
Food Security and Nutrition Programming:
- Drop by Parkdale CHC on Tuesdays between 3-7PM to order your Good Food Box for pick-up the following week.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Saturday May 17th and Monday May 19th for Victoria Day.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.