Here's what's on in June:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- The Men's Mental Health Advisory Group takes place weekly on Fridays from 1-3PM. For more information, please call Sri at 416.537.2455, ext. 308, or Arno at ext 424.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday June 18thfrom 10AM-12PM.
- The Kit Group takes place on Mondays from 2:30-4:30PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The Harm Reduction Community Advisory Group will take place on Thursday June 19th from 1-2PM. For more information, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271
Women's Connection programming:
- The Expressive Arts Group takes place from 2:30-4:30PM on Fridays. In this group, women (and women identified folks) can help themselves to arts materials and work independently on projects. Staff offer a creative and supportive environment. For more information, please call Heather at 416.537.8222, ext. 304.
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM. This group is for mothers who are suffering from PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, clients may call Isabel at 416.537.8222, ext. 305, or Grazyna at ext. 303.
- The Tamil Women's Group takes place on Thursday June 5th and 19th from 10-12PM. For more information, please call Satha at 416.537.2455, ext. 285.
- Yoga and Mindfulness Group for Moms takes place on Wednesday from 10AM-12PM from June 11th to July 16th. Please contact Isabel for more information at 416.537.8222 ext. 307.
- Trauma 101 Workshop: Healing from the Effects of Abuse and Trauma takes place on Wednesdays from 5-7PM from June 11th to July 16th. Please contact Kendra for more information at 416.537.8222 ext. 305.
- Yoga for Postpartum Depression Prevention takes place on Friday June 6th and 13th from 2-4PM. To register, please call Isabel or Grazyna at 416.537.8222 for a pre-screening interview.
- Building Skills: Peer Learning and Empowerment Program is a seven week skills building program taking place on Fridays from May 30th to July 11th 10AM-1PM. Build on your strength and skills, self-confidence, communication, and group work skills. This group is open to all who identify as women. To register, please call Leslie or Nancy at 416.537.8222 ext 309 or 310.
- Baby and Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (new date and time!) at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays (new date!) from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Childcare for older children is provided onsite during these programs.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Yohama at 416.537.8222, extension 502.
- June is Senior's Month! Join us for special events and activities throughout June.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM. Practice your English in a supportive environment with other seniors!
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-3PM.
- The Seniors Advisory Group will take place on Friday June 6th from 10:30-12:30PM.
- The Parkdale Elder Abuse Awareness Community Walk is taking place at 10AM on Tuesday June 17th. Meet at Parkdale CHC for the walk, and then join us for light refreshments and discussion at Parkdale Legal Clinic.
- The Seniors Drumming Group is a multicultural seniors group for those who love drumming. No previous experience is required, only the desire to learn and have fun! This group will take place on Thursday June 5th from 4-5PM and Friday June 20th from 9:30-10:30AM.
- For more information about seniors programming, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
- Nobody's Perfect is a free parenting program for parents and caregivers with children six (6) years of age and under to talk about child growth and learning, child behaviour, child health and safety, and parenting stress. Childcare, snacks, and books are included. TTC tokens will be provided (if needed). This session will run on Tuesdays from May 6th to June 24th from 3:30-5:30PM. For more information, please contact Rosa Ribeiro via telephone: 416.537.2455, ext 231.
Health and dental programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic will take place on Wednesday June 4th and 11th and Thursday June 12th from 4:30-7:30PM. The clinic will also take place on Saturday June 14th from 11AM-3PM. Please note that the WEOHC will not be running throughout July and August.
- Living Life Well with Diabetes is an eight week introductory workshop that teaches participants about blood sugar management, medications, healthy eating on a budget, physical activity, coping with stress, and more. The program runs Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from June 19th to August 7th. The first session will run on Thursday June 19th from 12:30-2PM.
- Join us on Monday June 9th for a tour of the Sorauren Farmers' Market. Meet us in the Parkdale CHC lobby at 2:30PM. Wear comfortable walking shoes!
- The Gentle Exercise Class will take place on Friday June 6th and 13th from 10:45AM-12PM. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- The Walking Group will takes place on Wednesdays at 3:30PM.
- For information about Diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
Food Security and Nutrition Programming:
- Drop by Parkdale CHC on Tuesdays between 3-7PM to order your Good Food Box for pick-up the following week.
- Parkdale CHC's backyard garden is now open! Join us on Mondays and Thursdays from 4-6PM to plant seedlings, pick weeks, water the beds, and other maintenance. Please register before attending or call to make sure the program will be running that day as there may be changes in the schedule due to staff availability or weather. To register, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236, or Riley at 416.537.2455, ext 304.
LGBTQ World Pride Event:
- Parkdale CHC will be holding a pride event on Thursday June 19th from 3:30-7:30PM. Join us for a panel discussion on LGBTQ Newcomer and Refugee Human Rights: Local and Global Perspectives. We'll also have refreshments, music, and a PhotoVoice Project presented by LGBTQ newcomer and immigrant youth. For more information, please call Connie at 416.537.2455, ext. 232.
- Parkdale CHC will be open for regular hours throughout June.
Want to learn more about programs and services offered at Parkdale CHC? Join us for an information session led by our Client Support Worker to learn about our programs and services, meet other clients, and ask questions! Light refreshments will be provided. Tuesday June 10th from 2:30-3:30PM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Shirley at 416.537.2455 x.302.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.