Here's what's on in July:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- The Men's Mental Health Advisory Group takes place weekly on Fridays from 1-3PM. For more information, please call Sri at 416.537.2455, ext. 308, or Arno at ext 424.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday July 16th from 10AM-12PM.
- The Kit Group takes place on Mondays from 2:30-4:30PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The Harm Reduction Community Advisory Group will take place on Thursday July 17th from 12-1PM. For more information, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271
Women's Connection programming:
- The Expressive Arts Group takes place from 2:30-4:30PM on Fridays. In this group, women (and women identified folks) can help themselves to arts materials and work independently on projects. Staff offer a creative and supportive environment. For more information, please call Heather at 416.537.8222, ext. 304.
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM. This group is for mothers who are suffering from PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, clients may call Isabel at 416.537.8222, ext. 305, or Grazyna at ext. 303.
- The Tamil Women's Group takes place on Thursday July 3rd and 17th from 10-12PM. For more information, please call Satha at 416.537.2455, ext. 285.
- Yoga and Mindfulness Group for Moms takes place on Wednesdays from 10AM-12PM from June 11th to July 16th. Please contact Isabel for more information at 416.537.8222 ext. 307.
- Trauma 101 Workshop: Healing from the Effects of Abuse and Trauma takes place on Wednesdays from 5-7PM from June 11th to July 16th. Please contact Kendra for more information at 416.537.8222 ext. 305.
- Building Skills: Peer Learning and Empowerment Program is a seven week skills building program taking place on Fridays from May 30th to July 11th 10AM-1PM. Build on your strength and skills, self-confidence, communication, and group work skills. This group is open to all who identify as women. To register, please call Leslie or Nancy at 416.537.8222 ext 309 or 310.
- Yoga by the Lake is a six week yoga and acupuncture program that takes place on Wednesdays in July and August from 10-11:30AM from July 16th to August 20th. Join us in Marilyn Bell Park for gentle hatha yoga and acupuncture for acudetox. Beginners welcome! For more information, please call Norma at 416.537.2455, ext. 233.
- Baby and Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Yohama at 416.537.8222, extension 502, or Stacia at ext. 505.
- The English Conversation Club will be taking a summer break and will resume in the fall.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-3PM. Join us July 8th for Sun Safety, July 15th for Mental Health Issues and Gentle Fitness, July 22nd for Healthy Eating, and July 29th for an outdoor activity.
- The Seniors Advocacy Group will take place from 10-11:30AM on Thursday July 17th.
- The Seniors Drumming Group is a multicultural seniors group for those who love drumming. No previous experience is required, only the desire to learn and have fun! This group will take place on Friday July 4th and 18th from 9:30-10:30AM.
- For more information about seniors programming, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Health and dental programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday. The clinic will be closed on Monday July 21st and Tuesday July 22nd.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic will be taking a break for the summer and will not be running throughout July and August.
- Living Life Well with Diabetes is an eight week introductory workshop that teaches participants about blood sugar management, medications, healthy eating on a budget, physical activity, coping with stress, and more. The program runs Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from June 19th to August 7th.
- The next Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday July 14th from 12:30-2PM.
- The Gentle Exercise Class will take place on Fridays from 10:45AM-12PM. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- The Walking Group will takes place on Wednesdays at 3:30PM.
- For information about Diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
Food Security and Nutrition Programming:
- Drop by Parkdale CHC on Tuesdays between 3-7PM to order your Good Food Box for pick-up the following week.
- Parkdale CHC's backyard garden is now open! Join us on Thursdays from 4-6PM to plant seedlings, pick weeks, water the beds, and other maintenance. Please register before attending or call to make sure the program will be running that day as there may be changes in the schedule due to staff availability or weather. To register, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236, or Riley at 416.537.2455, ext 304.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Tuesday July 1st for Canada Day.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.