Here's what's on in August:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- The Men's Mental Health Advisory Group takes place weekly on Fridays from 1-3PM. For more information, please call Sri at 416.537.2455, ext. 308.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday August 20th from 10AM-12PM.
- The Kit Group takes place on Mondays from 2:30-4:30PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The Harm Reduction Community Advisory Group will not take place this month. The next group meets in September.
Women's Connection programming:
- The Expressive Arts Group takes place from 2:30-4:30PM on Fridays. In this group, women (and women identified folks) can help themselves to arts materials and work independently on projects. Staff offer a creative and supportive environment. This group will be cancelled on Friday August 22nd. For more information, please call Heather at 416.537.8222, ext. 304.
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM. This group is for mothers who are suffering from PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, clients may call Isabel at 416.537.8222, ext. 305, or Grazyna at ext. 303.
- The Tamil Women's Group takes place on Thursday August 7th and 21st from 10-12PM. For more information, please call Satha at 416.537.2455, ext. 285.
- Yoga by the Lake is a six week yoga and acupuncture program that takes place on Wednesdays in July and August from 10-11:30AM from July 16th to August 20th. Join us in Marilyn Bell Park for gentle hatha yoga and acupuncture for acudetox. Beginners welcome! For more information, please call Norma at 416.537.2455, ext. 233.
- Baby and Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months. Please note that there is a wait list for this program.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months. Please note that there is a wait list for this program.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Yohama at 416.537.8222, extension 502, or Stacia at ext. 505.
- The 5Ps will be closed from Monday August 4th to Friday August 15th. We will reopen on Monday August 18th.
- The English Conversation Club will be taking a summer break and will resume in the fall.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-3PM. Join us August 5th for Oral Health and Gentle Fitness, August 19th for Gentle Fitness, and August 26th for a social activity. The drop-in will be cancelled on August 12th.
- The Seniors Drumming Group is a multicultural seniors group for those who love drumming. No previous experience is required, only the desire to learn and have fun! This group will take place on Thursday August 7th and 28th from 4-5PM.
- For more information about seniors programming, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Health and dental programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic will be taking a break for the summer and will not be running throughout July and August.
- Living Life Well with Diabetes is an eight week introductory workshop that teaches participants about blood sugar management, medications, healthy eating on a budget, physical activity, coping with stress, and more. The program runs Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from June 19th to August 7th.
- The next Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday August 11th from 12:30-2PM.
- The Insulin Management Group is a four week workshop that will run on Thursdays from August 21st to September 11th from 1:30-3:30PM. This group is targeted towards individuals with type 2 diabetes who are currently using insulin, will be using insulin, or would like to learn more.
- The Gentle Exercise Class will take place on Fridays from 10:45AM-12PM. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- Learn how to make healthy, ready-to-eat granola in a Granola Making Workshop led by Riley Fulkerson, Diabetes Dietitian, on Wednesday August 27th from 3:30-4:30PM. Make nutritious granola to take home! Bring comfortable shoes, as the group may go on a short walk following the workshop (time permitting).
- For information about Diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
Food Security and Nutrition Programming:
- Drop by Parkdale CHC on Tuesdays between 3-7PM to order your Good Food Box for pick-up the following week.
- Parkdale CHC's backyard garden is now open! Join us on Thursdays from 4-5PM to plant seedlings, pick weeks, water the beds, and other maintenance. Please register before attending or call to make sure the program will be running that day as there may be changes in the schedule due to staff availability or weather. To register, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236, or Riley at 416.537.2455, ext 304.
- Join us on Thursday August 7th from 4-5:30PM for Organic Gardening 101, a workshop hosted by our gardening drop-in. Beginners welcome!
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Monday August 4th for the Civic Holiday and Saturday August 30th for Labour Day.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.