Here's what's on in September:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- Starting in September, the Needle Exchange hours are changing. The Exchange will now be open:
- Mondays from 10AM-12PM and 2-5PM
- Tuesdays from 10AM-12PM and 3-5PM
- Wednesdays from 10-11:30AM and 3-5PM
- Thursdays from 10AM-12PM and 2-5PM
- Fridays from 10AM-12PM and 2-4:30PM
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room (new date and time!). To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The Men's Mental Health Advisory Group takes place weekly on Fridays from 1-3PM. For more information, please call Sri at 416.537.2455, ext. 308.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday September 17th from 10AM-12PM.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The Harm Reduction Community Advisory Group will take place on Thursday September 18th from 12-1PM in the Board Room.
Women's Connection programming:
- The Expressive Arts Group takes place from 2:30-4:30PM on Fridays. In this group, women (and women identified folks) can help themselves to arts materials and work independently on projects. Staff offer a creative and supportive environment. This group will be cancelled on Friday August 22nd. For more information, please call Leslie at 416.537.8222, ext. 309.
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM. This group is for mothers who are suffering from PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, clients may call Isabel at 416.537.8222, ext. 305, or Grazyna at ext. 303.
- The Tamil Women's Group takes place on Thursday September 4th and 18th from 10-12PM. For more information, please call Satha at 416.537.2455, ext. 285.
- Yoga and Mindfulness for Moms takes place on Fridays from 10:30AM-1PM from September 12th to October 17th. Learned stress management skills, self-awareness, and self-compassion through deep breathing, relaxation, and mindfulness meditation techniques. Please contact Isabel for more information at 416.537.8222 ext. 305.
- Baby and Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months. Please note that there is a wait list for this program.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months. Please note that there is a wait list for this program.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- The Language of Parenting is an eight week program designed to help you and your baby to ease into family life and build a strong foundation for attachment and support. This program combines traditional prenatal classes that help you prepare for pregnancy, labour and birth with your family parenting style. This program will run on Saturdays from 10AM-1PM from September 27th to November 22nd. Childcare, TTC and a light meal will be provided. To register or to add your name to the waitlist, please call: 416.537.8222 ext 505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fatherhood 101: Dads Drop-In is a drop- in for fathers with children 0-3 years of age. Meet other new fathers and discuss a variety of topics, including: the ups and downs in life as a new dad, the power of playing with your child, financial planning for the family, and much more! The drop-in is led by Brian Russell, an experienced facilitator and father who has been working with fathers and couples for many years. Brian is also the coordinator of Dad Central Ontario. This program runs every fourth Wednesday night of the month from 6-7:30pm at 27 Roncesvalles Ave, Suite 503. Childcare, TTC and a light meal will be provided.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Yohama at 416.537.8222, extension 502, or Stacia at ext. 505.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-3PM. Join us September 2nd for Gentle Fitness, September 16th for Financial Matters and Gentle Fitness, September 23rd for Hearing Loss Information, and September 30th for Alzheimer Information. The drop-in will be cancelled on September 9th.
- The Seniors Drumming Group is a multicultural seniors group for those who love drumming. No previous experience is required, only the desire to learn and have fun! This group will take place on Thursday September 11th and 25th from 4-5PM.
- The Seniors Advocacy Group will take place on Thursday September 18th from 10-11:30AM.
- For more information about seniors programming, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Health and dental programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic will take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-7:30PM starting Wednesday September 10th. The clinic will also be open on Saturday September 27th from 11AM-3PM.
- The Acupuncture Drop-In takes place on Wednesdays from 10:15-11AM from September 10th to October 29th. For more info call Norma at 416.537.2455, ext. 233.
- The next Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday September 8th from 12:30-2PM.
- The Insulin Management Group is a four week workshop that will run on Thursdays from August 21st to September 11th from 1:30-3:30PM. This group is targeted towards individuals with type 2 diabetes who are currently using insulin, will be using insulin, or would like to learn more.
- The Gentle Exercise Class will take place on Fridays from 10:45AM-12PM. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- Join us for a walking tour of the Sorauren Farmers' Market on Monday September 29th. Meet others with diabetes, buy fresh, seasonal produce and meet local farmers! Wear comfortable shoes and bring an umbrella in case of rain. Meet in the Parkdale CHC first floor lobby at 2:30PM.
- Diabetes and Weight Management is a three week workshop led by a Registered Diabetes Dietitian that will take place on Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from September 25th to October 9th. Share personal stories, learn weight loss tips and tricks, understand your food habits, develop strategies for curbing emotional eating, and stay motivated to reach your goals!
- For information about Diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
Families and Newcomers:
- Roma Health and Well Being is a 12 week program for members of the Roma community. It will take place from 10AM-12PM on Wednesdays from September 10th to November 26th. Discussion topics include cancer prevention and awareness, pregnancy, healthy lifestyle, smoking, youth, dental health, sexual health, and more. Interpretation, snacks, and child care will be provided. For more information, please call Rosa 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
Food Security and Nutrition Programming:
- Guys Can Cook is a free seven week program for guy aged 13-17. Cook with a chef, get work experience, make and eat delicious food, and learn in a fun environment. Earn your Food Handler Certificate! This program will take place on Tuesdays from 3:30-7:30 from September 16th to October 28th. For more information, or to register, please call Karin at 416.537.2455, x. 359.
- Drop by Parkdale CHC on Tuesdays between 3-7PM to order your Good Food Box for pick-up the following week.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Saturday August 30th and Monday September 1st for Labour Day.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.