Here's what's on in December:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday December 17th from 10AM-12PM.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The Harm Reduction Community Advisory Group will take place on Thursday December 18th from 12-1:30PM in the Board Room.
Women's Connection programming:
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM. This group is for mothers who are suffering from PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, clients may call Isabel at 416.537.8222, ext. 305, or Grazyna at ext. 303.
- The Tamil Women's Group takes place on Thursday December 4th and 18th from 10-12PM. For more information, please call Satha at 416.537.2455, ext. 285.
- TRAUMA 101: Healing From the Effects Of Abuse and Trauma is a 6-week psycho-educational and skill-building series of workshops to help women who have experienced trauma better understand and cope with its impact. This program is for women who have experienced: childhood sexual abuse, adult sexual assault, domestic violence, and/or refugee trauma/torture. This workshop series takes place on Wednesday from 5-7PM from November 5th to December 17th, with no session on November 27th. To register, or for more information on workshop topics, please call Kendra at 416.537.8222, x. 307.
- Baby and Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months. Please note that there is a wait list for this program.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months. Please note that there is a wait list for this program.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- The Language of Parenting is an eight week program designed to help you and your baby to ease into family life and build a strong foundation for attachment and support. This program combines traditional prenatal classes that help you prepare for pregnancy, labour and birth with your family parenting style. This program will run on Saturdays from 10AM-1PM from October 18th to December 6th. Childcare, TTC and a light meal will be provided. To register, please call: 416.537.8222 ext 505 or email email@example.com.
- Fatherhood 101: Dads Drop-In is a drop- in for fathers with children 0-3 years of age. Meet other new fathers and discuss a variety of topics, including: the ups and downs in life as a new dad, the power of playing with your child, financial planning for the family, and much more! The drop-in is led by Brian Russell, an experienced facilitator and father who has been working with fathers and couples for many years. Brian is also the coordinator of Dad Central Ontario. This program runs on the last Wednesday night of the month from 6-7:30pm at 27 Roncesvalles Ave, Suite 503. Childcare, TTC and a light meal will be provided.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years.
- The 5Ps will be closed for the holidays starting Monday December 22nd to Friday January 2nd, reopening Monday January 5th.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Stacia at 416.537.8222, ext. 505.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM. The last class of the year is Monday December 15th.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-3PM. The last class of the year is Tuesday December 16th.
- The Seniors Drumming Group is a multicultural seniors group for those who love drumming. No previous experience is required, only the desire to learn and have fun! This group will resume in the new year.
- The Seniors Advocacy Group will resume in the new year.
- Healthy Living: A Chronic Disease Self-Management Workshop is a six week group that aims to help individuals living with chronic conditions manage their health and quality of life with confidence. Participants will learn about goal setting and problem solving, exercise, healthy eating, coping with stress/frustration/isolation, and how to talk to doctors, family and friends about your needs. This program runs on Thursday mornings from 9:30AM-12PM from October 30th to December 4th. Call Sandra to pre-register: 416.537.2455, ext. 238. This session is currently full.
- For more information about seniors programming, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Health and dental programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday. The clinic will be closed all day on Friday December 12th, Wednesday December 24th, Thursday December 25th, and Friday December 26th. HSO will be open from 8AM-12PM only on Wednesday December 31st.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic will take place on Wednesday December 3rd and Thursday December 4th from 4:30-7:30PM. The clinic will also be open on Saturday December 13th from 11AM-3PM. The clinic will be closed throughout the rest of December and will reopen in January.
- Join us for a six week Wellness Workshop on Thursdays from 2-4PM from November 13th to December 18th. Learn how to improve your emotional and physical well being through techniques like expressive arts, yoga, mindfulness, and relaxation. Snacks and TTC tokens will be provided. This group is LGBTQ inclusive. Pre-registration is required. Please call Connie at 416.537.2455 ext 232 or Norma at ext. 233.
- The Acupuncture Drop-In takes place on Wednesdays from 10:15-11AM from November 26th to December 31st. For more info call Norma at 416.537.2455, ext. 233.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday December 8th at 12:30PM.
- The Gentle Exercise Class will take place on Friday December 12th and 19th from 10:45AM-12PM. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- Plan Well, Budget Smart, Be Healthy is a program for individuals with diabetes or pre-diabetes. Learn how to plan menus, grocery shop, and prepare healthy meals during this five week program led by our Diabetes Nurse Educator and Diabetes Dietitian. This program will run on Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from November 20th to December 18th.
- Join us for an Afternoon Stroll and Tea on Wednesday December 17th. Meet in the lobby at 3PM and we'll head over to Sorauren Avenue for coffee and tea.
- For information about Diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
Families and Newcomers:
- The Child Minding Program takes place every Wednesday from 3-5PM at Parkdale Intercultural Association at 165 Queen St W. For more information, please call Rosa Ribeiro at 416. 537.2455, ext 231.
- The Roma Health and Well Being Group takes place every Thursday from 9:30-11:30AM in an Early Years Centre. For more information, please call Rosa Ribeiro at 416. 537.2455, ext 231.
- The Portuguese Group takes place on Mondays from 5-7PM in the Board Room. this group runs from November 17th to December 22nd.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed at 12PM on Wednesday December 24th for Christmas Eve, all day on Thursday December 25th for Christmas Day, all day on Friday December 26th and Saturday December 27th for Boxing Day, and at 12PM on Wednesday December 31st for New Year's Eve.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.