Here's what's on in February:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday February 18th from 10AM-12PM.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- Naloxone Training: Do you use opioids? Get training about how to respond to an opioid overdose using Naloxone. Training takes 20 minutes, and you will receive a FREE Naloxone Overdose Response Kit. Drop by Parkdale CHC on Friday February 6th between 12-2PM. For more information contact The Works 416-392-0520.
Women's Connection programming:
- The Tamil Women's Group takes place on Thursday February 5th and 19th from 10-12PM. For more information, please call Satha at 416.537.2455, ext. 285.
- Building Skills: Peer Learning and Empowerment Program is a skills building program that takes place on Wednesdays from February 18th to April 1st from 10AM-1PM. Build on your strength and skills, self-confidence, communication, and group work skills. This group is open to all who identify as women. Space is limited! To register, please call Nancy at 416.537.8222, ext. 310.
- Yoga: Mindfulness Group for Moms takes place on Fridays from February 20th until March 27th from 10:30AM-1PM. For more information, please call Kendra at 416.537.8222, ext. 307.
- Baby and Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months. Please note that there is a wait list for this program.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months. Please note that there is a wait list for this program.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Fatherhood 101: Dads Drop-In is a drop- in for fathers with children 0-3 years of age that takes place on the last Wednesday night of the month from 6-7:30pm at 27 Roncesvalles Ave, Suite 503. Childcare, TTC and a light meal will be provided. The next session will take place on Wednesday February 25th.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Stacia at 416.537.8222, ext. 505, or Yohama at ext. 502.
- Seniors programming will resume in March.
Families and Newcomers programming:
- The Roma Group takes place at the Early Years Centre at Jane and Finch throughout the month of February on Thursdays from 9:30 to 11:30AM.
- Child Minding Training takes place on Wednesdays from February 25th May 27th from 3-5PM at Parkdale Intercultural Association.
- For more information about families and newcomers programs, please contact Rosa at 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
Health and dental programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic takes place on Wednesday February 4th and 11th and Thursday February 5th and 12th from 4:30-7:30PM. The clinic will also be open on Saturday February 28th from 11AM-3PM.
- The Infant Hearing Program takes place every Friday from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255.
- The Acupuncture Drop-In takes place on Wednesdays from 10:15-11AM from January 14th to February 18th. For more info call Norma at 416.537.2455, ext. 233.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12:00PM to 6:00PM. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months. You may also visit the clinic Tuesday afternoons and ask if there are any cancellations.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455 to book an appointment.
- Support to Quit is an eight week smoking cessation program that helps individuals quit smoking. Three weeks of optional support are available after the completion of the program. Participants may qualify for FREE Nicotine Replacement Therapy, such as gum, the patch, lozenges, or inhalers. This program will run on Thursdays from 2-4PM from February 5th until April 9th. Please pre-register with Shirley at 416.537.2455, ext. 302.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday February 9th at 12:30PM.
- The Gentle Exercise Class takes place on Fridays from 10:45AM-12PM. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- Living Life Well with Diabetes is an eight week program led by our Diabetes Nurse Educator that aims to boost knowledge, skills, and confidence relating to diabetes. Topics include blood sugar management, how to understand medications, physical activity, healthy eating on a budget, goal setting and stress management. This program will run on Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from January 15th to March 5th.
- For information about Diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Saturday February 14th and Monday February 16th for Family Day.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.