Here's what's on in April:
Street Health and Harm Reduction Programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday April 15th from 10AM-12PM.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- Baby and Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months. Please note that there is a wait list for this program.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months. Please note that there is a wait list for this program.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Fatherhood 101: Dads Drop-In is a drop- in for fathers with children 0-3 years of age that takes place on the last Wednesday night of the month from 6-7:30pm at 27 Roncesvalles Ave, Suite 503. Childcare, TTC and a light meal will be provided. The next session will take place on Wednesday April 29th.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Stacia at 416.537.8222, ext. 505, or Yohama at ext. 502.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM. There will not be a session on Monday April 6th.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-3PM. There will not be a session on Tuesday April 21st.
- The Seniors Actively Socializing Walking Club meets every Tuesday at 11:30AM. Enjoy the weather and be active!
- For more information about seniors programming, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Families and Newcomers Programming:
- Child Minding Training takes place on Wednesdays until May 27th from 3-5PM at Parkdale Intercultural Association.
- Nobody's Perfect is a free parenting program for parents and caregivers with children six (6) years of age and under to talk about child growth and learning, child behaviour, child health and safety, and parenting stress. Childcare, snacks, and books are included. TTC tokens will be provided (if needed). This group meets weekly in sessions of 8-10 weeks. This session will run on Mondays from 1-3PM from March 23rd to June 1st.
- For more information about families and newcomers programs, please contact Rosa at 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
Health and Dental Programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic takes place on Wednesday and Thursday from 4:30-7:30PM on April 1st, 2nd, 8th, and 9th. The clinic will also be open on Saturday April 18th from 11AM-3PM.
- The Infant Hearing Program takes place every Friday from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255.
- The Acupuncture Drop-In takes place on Wednesdays from 10:15-11AM from March 11th to April 15th. For more info call Norma at 416.537.2455, ext. 233.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12:00PM to 6:00PM. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months. You may also visit the clinic Tuesday afternoons and ask if there are any cancellations.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455 to book an appointment.
- Support to Quit is an eight week smoking cessation program that helps individuals quit smoking. Three weeks of optional support are available after the completion of the program. Participants may qualify for FREE Nicotine Replacement Therapy, such as gum, the patch, lozenges, or inhalers. This program will run on Thursdays from 2-4PM from February 5th until April 9th. Please pre-register with Shirley at 416.537.2455, ext. 302.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday April 13th at 12:30PM.
- The Gentle Exercise Class takes place on Fridays from 10:45AM-12PM. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- The Insulin Management Group is a five week workshop that will run on Thursday March 19th and 26th, April 9th, 16th, and 23rd from 1:30-3:30PM. This group is targeted towards individuals with type 2 diabetes who are currently using insulin, will be using insulin, or would like to learn more. To register, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
- For information about Diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
- Parkdale CHC is offering Anger Management sessions that are geared towards individuals are who mandated by the law to take Anger Management courses or are interested in joining the group for their own personal growth. Sessions run weekly on Wednesdays from April 1st until May 20th from 4:30-6PM. The program and necessary materials are free of charge. Referrals are accepted from probation officers, physicians, or other professionals. Self-referrals are also accepted. To register, please call Elizabeth Guete at (416) 537 2455. ext 306.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Friday April 3rd and Saturday April 6th for Good Friday. We will be open for regular hours on Monday April 6th.
Upcoming May Programming:
- Yoga and Mindfulness for Moms is a trauma-informed group that aims to teach participants stress management skills, self-awareness, and self-compassion through techniques such as deep breathing, relaxation, and mindfulness meditation. This group takes place on Fridays from 10:30AM-1PM from May 1st until June 5th in Suite 503, 27 Roncesvalles Ave. Childcare, snacks, and TTC tokens will be provided. Space is limited. Please register by calling 416.537.8222 ext. 307 (Kendra) or 305 (Isabel).
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.