Here's what's on in July:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday July 15th from 10AM-12PM.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. This group will not take place on Friday July 17th. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- Naloxone Training: Do you use opioids? Get training about how to respond to an opioid overdose using Naloxone. Training takes 20 minutes, and you will receive a FREE Naloxone Overdose Response Kit. Drop by Parkdale CHC on Friday Thursday July 30th between 2-4PM in the Board Room. For more information contact The Works 416-392-0520.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM. There will be no club on Monday July 6th.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-3PM. The Drop-In will be cancelled on Tuesday July 21st.
- The Seniors in Action Advocacy Group will take place on Thursday July 16th from 10-11:30AM.
- For more information about seniors programming, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Health and dental programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic is closed for the summer and will reopen in September.
- The Acupuncture Drop-In takes place on Wednesdays from 10-11AM on July 15th, 22nd, and 29th. For more info call Norma at 416.537.2455, ext. 233.
- The Infant Hearing Program will take place on Friday July 3rd, 10th, and 31st from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12:00PM to 6:00PM. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months. You may also visit the clinic Tuesday afternoons and ask if there are any cancellations.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455 to book an appointment.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday July 13th at 12:30PM.
- The Gentle Exercise Class takes place on Fridays from 10:45AM-12PM. This group will not take place on Friday June 12th. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- Living Life Well with Diabetes is an eight week program led by our Diabetes Nurse Educator and Dietitian that aims to boost knowledge, skills, and confidence relating to diabetes. Topics include blood sugar management, how to understand medications, physical activity, healthy eating on a budget, goal setting and stress management. This program will run on Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from July 16th to September 3rd.
- This month we will be holding a Community Worker Training on Diabetes Management. This one day workshop, led by our Diabetes Nurse Educator and Diabetes Dietitian, is
geared towards boarding home workers, cooks and food service workers, and community workers who work one-on-one with clients. This session will take place on Friday July 10th from 10AM-4PM. Please register with Mel by Friday July 3rd.
- For information about Diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
- Baby and Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Yohama at 416.537.8222, ext. 502.
Women's Connection Programming:
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 2-4PM. This group is for mothers who are suffering from PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, clients may call Isabel at 416.537.8222, ext. 305, or Grazyna at ext. 303.
- Trauma 101: Healing from the Effects of Abuse and Trauma is a six week psycho-educational and skill-building series of workshops to help women who have experienced trauma better understand and cope with its impact. This workshop is for women who have experienced childhood sexual abuse, adult sexual assault, domestic violence, refugee trauma/torture. This workshop series takes place on Wednesdays from 5-7PM from May 27th to July 8th, with no session on July 1st.To register, please call Grazyna at 416.537.8222, x303.
- Stop by the garden in Parkdale CHC's backyard to help plant, water, weed, or simply enjoy a green space with Greenest City staff and gardeners. No garden experience is require and everyone is welcome. Meet Monique inside of Parkdale CHC on Mondays between 11AM-12PM starting June 15th.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Wednesday July 1st for Canada Day.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.