Here's what's on in August:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The ID Clinic is cancelled for the month of August. The next ID Clinic will take place in September.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The English Conversation Club will not take place in August.
- Healing through Music is a drumming circle for seniors that runs every Monday in August from 10:30-11:30AM. No previous experience is required, just a love of music and a desire to meet new friends.
- Salud y Bienstar is a group for Spanish-speaking seniors that will cover topics like healthy lifestyle and healthy aging. The group takes place on Thursdays from 1-3PM from August 6th to September 10th.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-3PM. This group will not take place on Tuesday August 18th.
- For more information about seniors programming, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Health and dental programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic is closed for the summer and will reopen in September.
- Yoga By the Lake takes place at Marilyn Bell Park from 10-11:30AM on Wednesdays in August. Meet at the Marilyn Bell Park sign at 10AM to register. Please bring a yoga mat or a towel, comfortable clothing, and water. For more info call Norma at 416.537.2455, ext. 233.
- The Infant Hearing Program takes place on Fridays from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12:00PM to 6:00PM. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months. You may also visit the clinic Tuesday afternoons and ask if there are any cancellations.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455 to book an appointment.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday August 10th at 12:30PM.
- The Gentle Exercise Class takes place on Fridays from 10:45AM-12PM. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- Living Life Well with Diabetes is an eight week program led by our Diabetes Nurse Educator and Dietitian that aims to boost knowledge, skills, and confidence relating to diabetes. Topics include blood sugar management, how to understand medications, physical activity, healthy eating on a budget, goal setting and stress management. This program will run on Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from July 16th to September 3rd.
- Steps Across Parkdale is a weekly walking group led by a physiotherapist, diabetes dietitian, and diabetes nurse educator. Meet outside Parkdale CHC Wednesdays at 3:15PM for a walk around the neighbourhood. The first session is Wednesday August 5th. Pre-registration is required. To register, please meet Minxue, Jennifer, or Jane at 3PM before the walk.
- For information about Diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
- Baby and Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Yohama at 416.537.8222, ext. 502 or Stacia at ext. 505.
- Please note that the 5Ps will be closed from Monday August 3rd to Friday August 14th and will reopen on Monday August 17th.
Women's Connection Programming:
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 2-4PM. This group is for mothers who are suffering from PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, clients may call Isabel at 416.537.8222, ext. 305, or Grazyna at ext. 303.
- Stop by the garden in Parkdale CHC's backyard to help plant, water, weed, or simply enjoy a green space with Greenest City staff and gardeners. No garden experience is require and everyone is welcome. Meet Monique inside of Parkdale CHC on Mondays between 11AM-12PM.
- Parkdale CHC is offering Anger Management sessions that are geared towards individuals are who mandated by the law to take Anger Management courses or are interested in joining the group for their own personal growth. Sessions run weekly on Mondays from 4:30-6:30PM. The next session will run from August 10th to September 28th. The program and necessary materials are free of charge. Referrals are accepted from probation officers, physicians, or other professionals. Self-referrals are also accepted. To register, please call Elizabeth Guete at (416) 537 2455. ext 306.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Saturday August 1st and Monday August 3rd for the Civic Holiday.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.