Here's what's on in September:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday September 16th from 10AM-12PM.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- Do you have lived experience and knowledge of homelessness, substance use, and/or mental health? Are you willing to share your expertise, represent your community, and provide input on our programs and services? Join our Community Advisory Group! Please pick up an application in the PCHC Harm Reduction Room. The deadline to apply is Tuesday September 15. For more information, please call 416.537.2455, ext. 271.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-3PM.
- Healing through Music is a drumming circle for seniors that runs every Monday from 3:30-4:30PM. No previous experience is required, just a love of music and a desire to meet new friends.
- Salud y Bienstar is a group for Spanish-speaking seniors that will cover topics like healthy lifestyle and healthy aging. The group takes place on Thursdays from 1-3PM from August 6th to September 10th.
- The Senior's Advocacy Group will meet on Thursday September 17th from 10-11:30AM.
- Chronic Pain and Self-Management is a six week workshop that aims to help individuals with chronic pain manage their health and quality of life with confidence. This group is open to anyone living with chronic pain and anyone providing care and support to someone living with chronic pain. Participants will learn about physical activity and healthy eating, decision making skills, communication skills, problem solving, and positive thinking. Refreshments, resources, and TTC tokens will be provided. This group takes place on Thursdays from 9:30AM-12PM from September 24th until October 29th.
- For more information about seniors programming, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Families and Newcomers programming:
- Child Minding Training provides training in the areas of child growth and development, health, nutrition, and safety issues for children aged 0-6 years old. The next session takes place on Wednesdays from 3-5PM from September 9th to December 16th at Parkdale Intercultural Association at 1365 Queen St West.
- Bridging the Gap is an inter-generational knitting club for beginner and experienced knitters to share their knowledge and learn new skills. Come to learn, share, socialize, and meet new friends! This group takes place on Wednesdays from 10AM-12PM on Wednesdays starting September 16th. For more info, please call Sandra at Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238, or Rosa at ext. 233.
- For more information about newcomers programming, please call Rosa: 416.537.2455, ext. 233.
Health and dental programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic takes place on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-7:30PM on September 23rd, 24th, and 30th. The clinic will also be open on Saturday September 26th from 11AM-3PM.
- The Infant Hearing Program takes place on Fridays from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255. This program will be cancelled on Friday September 4th.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12:00PM to 6:00PM. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months. You may also visit the clinic Tuesday afternoons and ask if there are any cancellations.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455 to book an appointment.
- The Acupuncture Drop-In takes place on Wednesdays from 10-11AM September 16th to October 21st. For more info call Norma at 416.537.2455, ext. 233.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday September 14th at 12:30PM.
- The Gentle Exercise Class takes place on Friday September 11th from 10:45AM-12PM. For more information, call 416.537.2455.
- Steps Across Parkdale is a weekly walking group led by a physiotherapist, diabetes dietitian, and diabetes nurse educator. Meet outside Parkdale CHC Wednesdays at 3:15PM for a walk around the neighbourhood. The first session is Wednesday August 5th. Pre-registration is required. To register, please meet Minxue, Jennifer, or Jane at 3PM before the walk.
- Upcoming Program! Food Skills for Families is a six week cooking program offered in partnership with the Canadian Diabetes Association. Each session participants will prepare three recipes and share a meal together. The goal of the program is to encourage participants to prepare their own meals using fresh ingredients, gain nutrition knowledge and build confidence in cooking. This programs runs on Thursdays from 2-5PM from October 1st until November 5th except for Friday October 23rd. Pre-registration is required, as space is limited.
- For information about Diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months.
- Baby and Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years.
- If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Jessica at 416.537.8222, ext. 502 or Stacia at ext. 505.
Women's Connection Programming:
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 2-4PM. This group is for mothers who are suffering from PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, clients may call Isabel at 416.537.8222, ext. 305.
- Parkdale CHC is hosting a Civic Engagement Workshop on Friday September 18th from 10AM-3PM open to women and women-identified individuals. Join us for a keynote presentation by Alejandra Bravo from the Maytree Foundation about the three levels of government and for a discussion about the voting system and the stances of our major political parties. Registration is required. Space is limited. To register, or for more information, please contact Nancy at 416.537.8222, ext. 310, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Katie at email@example.com.
- Stop by the garden in Parkdale CHC's backyard to help plant, water, weed, or simply enjoy a green space with Greenest City staff and gardeners. No garden experience is require and everyone is welcome. Meet Monique inside of Parkdale CHC on Mondays between 11AM-12PM.
- Parkdale CHC is offering Anger Management sessions that are geared towards individuals are who mandated by the law to take Anger Management courses or are interested in joining the group for their own personal growth. Sessions run weekly on Mondays from 4:30-6:30PM. The next session will run from August 10th to September 28th. The program and necessary materials are free of charge. Referrals are accepted from probation officers, physicians, or other professionals. Self-referrals are also accepted. To register, please call Elizabeth Guete at (416) 537 2455. ext 306.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Saturday September 5th and Monday September 7th for Labour Day.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.