Here's what's on in January:
Street Health and Harm Reduction programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday January 20th at 10AM.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The Homeless-Substance Use-Mental Health Community Advisory Group will take place on Thursday January 21st at 1pm in the Board Room.
- The English Conversation Club will resume on Monday February 1st, 2016.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-2:30PM and will resume on Tuesday January 19th, 2016. Join us to get together and beat the cold weather!
- For more information about seniors programming, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Families and Newcomers programming:
- Stay tuned for new programs to be launched this February!
- For more information about newcomers programming, please call Rosa: 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
Health and dental programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic takes place on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-7:30PM. Please note the clinic will be closed on Wednesday January 6th and Thursday January 7th but will reopen on Wednesday January 13th. The clinic will also be open on Saturday January 23rd from 11AM-3PM.
- The Infant Hearing Program takes place on Fridays from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12PM-6PM. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months. You may also visit the clinic Tuesday afternoons and ask if there are any cancellations.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Thursdays and Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455 to book an appointment.
- During flu season, PCHC is pleased to offer free flu shots to registered clients and members of the general public six months of age or older. A health card is not required. If you are a registered client, you can get your flu shot at Parkdale Community Health Centre by booking an appointment with your health care provider. Please call 416.537.2455, ext. 222, or visit our second floor reception. You can also ask your provider for a flu shot during a regular appointment visit or visit one of our weekly Flu Shot Drop-In Clinics, offered on Wednesday mornings from 10:00-11:30 a.m. If you are not a registered client: Visit one of our weekly Flu Shot Drop-In Clinics. You do not need to be a client of the Health Centre and you do not need to have a health card to get a flu shot. Flu shots are administered on a first come, first served basis. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday January 11th at 12:30PM.
- Living Life Well with Diabetes is an eight week introductory workshop that teaches participants about blood sugar management, medications, healthy eating on a budget, physical activity, coping with stress, and more. The program runs Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from January 21st to March 10th.
- For information about diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months.
- Baby and Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Fatherhood 101: Dads Drop-In is a drop-in for fathers with children 0-3 years of age. The next session takes place on Wednesday January 20th from 6-7:30pm at 27 Roncesvalles Ave, Suite 503. Childcare, TTC and a light meal will be provided.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years. If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Grace at 416.537.8222, ext. 507 or Stacia at ext. 505.
- Anger Management Counselling is offered both on a one-to-one basis and in a group format, depending on the needs of individuals and their comfort levels. The program targets two groups: individuals who are mandated by the law to take Anger Management course and people who are interested in taking the course for their own personal growth. Participants are required to attend six to eight sessions in order to complete the program. Referrals are accepted from probation officers, physicians, or other professionals. Self-referrals are also accepted. The program is for people living in the GTA area. For more information or to book an appointment, please call Elizabeth Guete at (416) 537 2455. ext 306.
Parkdale CHC will be closed on Friday January 1st and Saturday January 2nd for New Year's.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.