Here's what's on in February:
Street Health and Harm Reduction Programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday February 17th at 10AM.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. This program will be cancelled on February 26th. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- POINT (Prevent Overdose in Toronto) Naloxone Training will be offered care of The Works Outreach Van (on Gwynne Avenue beside the PCHC parkette at 1229 Queen St W) on Thursday February 25th from 1-3pm. For more information, please call Scott at 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The Harm Reduction Room will be closed all afternoon on Wednesday February 10th for a meeting. On this day, the room will be open from 10-11:30am.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-2:30PM. Join us to get together and beat the cold weather!
- For more information about seniors programming, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Families and Newcomers Programming:
- Bridging the Gap is an inter-generational knitting club for beginner and experienced knitters to share their knowledge and learn new skills. Come to learn, share, socialize, and meet new friends! This group takes place on Wednesdays from 10AM-12PM until March 16th.
- The Peer Nutrition Program is designed for newcomer women and their children (aged six months to six years) and is hosted by PCHC, Toronto Public Health, and More Than Child's Play. It offers an opportunity to cook and share a nutritious meal, engage with peers on settlement challenges for women parenting, and other issues. This group runs on Mondays from 12:30-2:30PM from February 29th until April 11th. Snacks provided during sessions. Child care and gift certificates for health are available. For more information, please contact Rosa Ribeiro via telephone: 416.537.2455, ext 231, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Child Minding Training provides training in the areas of child growth and development, health, nutrition, and safety issues for children aged 0-6 years old. The next session takes place on Mondays from 2:45-5PM from February 1st to May 16th at Parkdale Intercultural Association at 1365 Queen St West.
- or more information about newcomers programming, please call Rosa: 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
Health and Dental Programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic takes place on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-7:30PM. The clinic will be closed on Wednesday February 24th and Thursday February 25th. The clinic will also be open on Saturday February 27th from 11AM-3PM.
- The Infant Hearing Program takes place on Fridays from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12PM-6PM. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months. You may also visit the clinic Tuesday afternoons and ask if there are any cancellations.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Thursdays and Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455 to book an appointment.
- During flu season, PCHC is pleased to offer free flu shots to registered clients and members of the general public six months of age or older. A health card is not required. If you are a registered client, you can get your flu shot at Parkdale Community Health Centre by booking an appointment with your health care provider. Please call 416.537.2455, ext. 222, or visit our second floor reception. You can also ask your provider for a flu shot during a regular appointment visit or visit one of our weekly Flu Shot Drop-In Clinics, offered on Wednesday mornings from 10:00-11:30 a.m. If you are not a registered client: Visit one of our weekly Flu Shot Drop-In Clinics. You do not need to be a client of the Health Centre and you do not need to have a health card to get a flu shot. Flu shots are administered on a first come, first served basis. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday February 8th at 12:30PM.
- Living Life Well with Diabetes is an eight week introductory workshop that teaches participants about blood sugar management, medications, healthy eating on a budget, physical activity, coping with stress, and more. The program runs Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from January 21st to March 10th.
- The Gentle Exercise Class will take place on Friday February 5th and 26th from 10:45AM-12PM.
- For information about diabetes programming, please call Minxue at 416.537.2455, ext 304.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months.
- Baby and Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- The Language of Parenting is an eight week program designed to help you and your baby to ease into family life and build a strong foundation for attachment and support. This program combines traditional prenatal classes that help you prepare for pregnancy, labour and birth with your family parenting style. This program will run on Saturdays from 10AM-1PM from February 20th until April 2nd. To register or to add your name to the waitlist, please call: 416.537.8222 ext 505 or email email@example.com.
- Fatherhood 101: Dads Drop-In is a drop-in for fathers with children 0-3 years of age. The next session takes place on Wednesday February 24th from 6-7:45pm at 27 Roncesvalles Ave, Suite 503. This month's topic is Family Stress. Childcare, TTC and a light meal will be provided. For more information or to register in this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.537.8222, ext 505.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years. If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Grace at 416.537.8222, ext. 507 or Stacia at ext. 505.
Women's Connection Programming:
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 2-4PM. This group is for mothers who are experiencing symptoms of PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, please call Grazyna at 416.537.8222, ext. 303.
- Building Skills: Peer Learning and Empowerment Program is a skills building program that helps participants develop their strength and skills, self-confidence, communication, and group work skills. This group is open to all who identify as women. Space is limited! This program takes place on Tuesdays from 10AM-1PM from March 1st to April 12th. For more information and to register, please call Nancy at 416.537.8222, ext. 310.
- Anger Management Counselling is offered both on a one-to-one basis and in a group format, depending on the needs of individuals and their comfort levels. The program targets two groups: individuals who are mandated by the law to take Anger Management course and people who are interested in taking the course for their own personal growth. Participants are required to attend six to eight sessions in order to complete the program. Referrals are accepted from probation officers, physicians, or other professionals. Self-referrals are also accepted. The program is for people living in the GTA area. For more information or to book an appointment, please call Elizabeth Guete at (416) 537 2455. ext 306.
- In the Parent-Child Mother Goose Program, parents and young children between the ages of 0 and 2 come together to enjoy songs, rhymes and stories. Each group of parents and children meets with two teachers once a week throughout the year. Together, parents and children in the program experience the spark of delight and magic that comes from enjoying a favourite rhyme or song, learn and retain a repertoire of rhymes, songs and stories, and enjoy strengthened bonding. These skills, pleasures and insights are taken home and shared with older children, grandparents, and other parents. The whole family benefits! For more information, please call 416.588.5234, ext.0 or contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org via email. You can also visit Mothergoose online.
- This March and April, Parkdale CHC will be running our annual Income Tax Clinic in partnership with West Neighbourhood House. To qualify, your income must be less than $30, 000 if you are single, $35, 000 if you are single with one child ($2, 500 extra for each child under 18 years), or $40, 000 if you are a couple ($2, 500 extra for each child under 18 years). For more information, or to make an appointment, please call 416.537.2455, ext. 242.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Saturday February 13th and Monday February 15th for Family Day.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.