Here's what's on in March:
Street Health and Harm Reduction Programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday March 16th at 10AM.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- Next month: POINT (Prevent Overdose in Toronto) Naloxone Training will be offered care of The Works Outreach Van (on Gwynne Avenue beside the PCHC parkette at 1229 Queen St W) on Friday April 1st from 1-3pm. For more information, please call Scott at 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM. This group will not take place on Monday March 28th.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-3PM. This group will not take place on Tuesday March 22nd.
- The Canadian Hearing Society will be offering a hearing screening clinic for seniors on Friday March 11th from 9AM-5PM. Please call Sandra to book an appointment.
- Seniors in Action will take place on Monday March 14th from 2:30-4PM.
- Seniors programs starting next month:
- Me & We is a six week art program for seniors that will take place on Fridays from 1-3PM from April 1st until May 6th. Meet new friends, express yourself, and develop your art skills! This program will be facilitated by visual artists Ana Arias.
- Healing through Music is an inter-generational music program that will take place on alternating Mondays from 3:30-4:30PM from April 4th until June 27th. No previous experience is required, just the love for music and the desire to meet new friends!
- Wheel-ing Seniors is a nine-week program for seniors in wheelchairs that will be co-facilitated by a seniors health promoter and two physiotherapists. The group will cover topics such as wheelchair exercising, foot care and skin care, stress management, healthy eating, diabetes prevention, mental and physical well-being, and assertiveness and empowerment. This group will take place on Wednesdays from 3:15-5PM from April 13th to June 8th. Space is limited to 10 participants. Register today!
- For more information about seniors programming or to register in any of the above programs, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Families and Newcomers Programming:
- Bridging the Gap is an inter-generational knitting club for beginner and experienced knitters to share their knowledge and learn new skills. Come to learn, share, socialize, and meet new friends! This group takes place on Wednesdays from 10AM-12PM until March 16th.
- The Peer Nutrition Program is designed for parents or caregivers and their children (aged six months to six years) and is hosted by PCHC and Toronto Public Health. This group offers participants an opportunity to discuss nutrition and engage with peers on parenting issues. This group runs on Mondays from 12:30-2:30PM from February 29th until April 11th. Snacks will be provided during sessions and child care is available. For more information, please contact Rosa Ribeiro via telephone: 416.537.2455, ext 231, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Child Minding Training provides training in the areas of child growth and development, health, nutrition, and safety issues for children aged 0-6 years old. The next session takes place on Mondays from 2:45-5PM from February 1st to May 16th at Parkdale Intercultural Association at 1365 Queen St West.
- For more information about newcomers programming, please call Rosa: 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
Health and Dental Programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday. The clinic will be closed on Friday March 25th and Monday March 28th.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic takes place on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-7:30PM. The clinic will be closed on Wednesday March 2nd and 9th and Thursday March 3rd and 10th. The clinic will also be open on Saturday March 19th from 11AM-3PM.
- The Infant Hearing Program takes place on Fridays from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12PM-6PM. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Thursdays and Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455 to book an appointment.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday March 14th at 12:30PM.
- Living Life Well with Diabetes is an eight week introductory workshop that teaches participants about blood sugar management, medications, healthy eating on a budget, physical activity, coping with stress, and more. The program runs Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from January 21st to March 10th.
- The Gentle Exercise Class will take place on Friday March 4th and 11th from 10:45AM-12PM.
- For information about diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months. There is a short wait list for this group.
- Baby & Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months. There is a short wait list for this group.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- The Language of Parenting is an eight week program designed to help you and your baby to ease into family life and build a strong foundation for attachment and support. This program combines traditional prenatal classes that help you prepare for pregnancy, labour and birth with your family parenting style. This program will run on Saturdays from 10AM-1PM from February 20th until April 2nd. To register or to add your name to the waitlist, please call: 416.537.8222 ext 505 or email email@example.com.
- Fatherhood 101: Dads Drop-In is a drop-in for fathers with children 0-3 years of age. The next session takes place on Wednesday March 23rd from 6-7:45pm at 27 Roncesvalles Ave, Suite 503. Childcare, TTC and a light meal will be provided. For more information or to register in this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.537.8222, ext 505.
- Please note that there will be no 5Ps programming on Saturday March 12th, Monday March 14th or Thursday March 17th.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years. If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Grace at 416.537.8222, ext. 507 or Stacia at ext. 505.
Women's Connection Programming:
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 2-4PM. This group is for mothers who are experiencing symptoms of PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, please call Grazyna at 416.537.8222, ext. 303.
- Building Skills: Peer Learning and Empowerment Program is a skills building program that helps participants develop their strength and skills, self-confidence, communication, and group work skills. This group is open to all who identify as women. Space is limited! This program takes place on Tuesdays from 10AM-1PM from March 1st to April 12th. For more information and to register, please call Nancy at 416.537.8222, ext. 310.
- Mindful Moms Drop-In is a four week program that teaches participants stress management skills, self-awareness, and self-compassion through techniques such as mindful movement, relaxation, and mindfulness meditation. This program runs on Fridays from 10:30AM-12PM from February 26th to March 18th at 27 Roncevalles Ave in Suite 503. No registration is required. Please arrive by 10:15AM to secure your spot (first come, first served). 10 childcare spaces are available along with snacks and TTC tokens. For more information, please call Kendra at 416.537.8222, ext. 307.
- Anger Management Counselling is offered both on a one-to-one basis and in a group format, depending on the needs of individuals and their comfort levels. The program targets two groups: individuals who are mandated by the law to take Anger Management course and people who are interested in taking the course for their own personal growth. Participants are required to attend six to eight sessions in order to complete the program. Referrals are accepted from probation officers, physicians, or other professionals. Self-referrals are also accepted. The program is for people living in the GTA area. For more information or to book an appointment, please call Elizabeth Guete at (416) 537 2455. ext 306.
- In the Parent-Child Mother Goose Program, parents and young children between the ages of 0 and 2 come together to enjoy songs, rhymes and stories. Each group of parents and children meets with two teachers once a week throughout the year. Together, parents and children in the program experience the spark of delight and magic that comes from enjoying a favourite rhyme or song, learn and retain a repertoire of rhymes, songs and stories, and enjoy strengthened bonding. These skills, pleasures and insights are taken home and shared with older children, grandparents, and other parents. The whole family benefits! This program takes place on Tuesdays from 9:30AM-12PM. The next session will start on March 20th. For more information, please call 416.588.5234, ext.0 or contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org via email. You can also visit Mothergoose online.
- This March and April, Parkdale CHC will be running our annual Income Tax Clinic in partnership with West Neighbourhood House on Tuesdays from 10AM-3PM from March 8th until April 26th. To qualify, your income must be less than $30, 000 if you are single, $35, 000 if you are single with one child ($2, 500 extra for each child under 18 years), or $40, 000 if you are a couple ($2, 500 extra for each child under 18 years). For more information, or to make an appointment, please call 416.537.2455, ext. 242.
- Refugee Rights Day will take place on Thursday March 31st. This event will celebrate the contributions made by refugee women to our community. This even will take place at West Neighbourhood House at 248 Ossington Ave (at Dundas) from 5-8PM. Join us for musical performances, dance, a light meal, raffle and door prizes. Presented in partnership with Culture Link, West Neighbourhood House, and Parkdale CHC. Please RSVP by email or phone: email@example.com or 416.536.1234, ext. 401.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Friday March 25th and Saturday March 26th for Good Friday.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.