Here's what's on in May:
Street Health and Harm Reduction Programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday May 18th at 10AM.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- Shirley Hepditch, Client Support Worker, has drop-in hours on Monday and Friday from 10AM-12PM and Tuesday from 2-4PM.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place from Tuesdays from 1-3PM.
- Seniors in Action will take place on Monday May 9th from 3-4:30PM.
- Me & We is a six week art program for seniors that will take place on Fridays from 1-3PM from April 1st until May 6th. Meet new friends, express yourself, and develop your art skills! This program will be facilitated by visual artist Ana Arias.
- Healing through Music is an inter-generational music program that will take place on alternating Mondays from 3:30-4:30PM from April 4th until June 27th. This month's sessions take place on May 2nd, 16th, and 30th. No previous experience is required, just the love for music and the desire to meet new friends!
- Wheel-ing Seniors is a nine-week program for seniors in wheelchairs that will be co-facilitated by a seniors health promoter and two physiotherapists. The group will cover topics such as wheelchair exercising, foot care and skin care, stress management, healthy eating, diabetes prevention, mental and physical well-being, and assertiveness and empowerment. This group will take place on Wednesdays from 3:15-5PM from April 13th to June 8th. Space is limited to 10 participants. Register today!
- Living Life to the Full is a program for caregivers over the age of 55. This program runs on Thursdays from 10-11:30AM from May 5th to June 23rd.
- For more information about seniors programming or to register in any of the above programs, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Families and Newcomers Programming:
- Child Minding Training provides training in the areas of child growth and development, health, nutrition, and safety issues for children aged 0-6 years old. The next session takes place on Mondays from 2:45-5PM from February 1st to May 16th at Parkdale Intercultural Association at 1365 Queen St West.
- Incredible Years is a free parenting program for parents with kids aged 2-6 years old who want to learn more about play, praise, rewards, limit setting, problem solving, and handling misbehaviour. Child care and TTC tokens are available. This program takes place on Wednesdays from 9:30-11:30AM from April 6th until July 6th at Parkdale CHC. To register, please call Anita Win at 416.338.7987 or Rosa at 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
- For more information about newcomers programming, please call Rosa: 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
Health and Dental Programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday. There will not be a dental provider onsite on Thursday May 5th or Friday May 6th.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic takes place on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-7:30PM on May 11th, 12th, 18th, and 19th. The clinic will also be open on Saturday May 28th from 11AM-3PM.
- The Infant Hearing Program takes place on Fridays from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12PM-6PM. The clinic will be closed on May 3rd and 10th. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Thursdays and Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455,ext. 222, to book an appointment.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday May 9th at 12:30PM.
- New Beginnings is a weekly drop-in program that focuses on diabetes wellness. Participants will learn about planting seedlings, skin care, foot care, physical activity, stress and diabetes, mindful eating, and pain management through hands-on activities. The program runs Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from April 14th to May 26th. Note: there will not be a session on May 5th.
- For information about diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
- The Gentle Exercise Class will take place on Friday May 13th and 27th from 10:45AM-12PM. For more information, or to register in this group, please contact Ana Maria at 416.537.2455.
- New program in June: Back to Movement is an eight week program for clients with chronic back pain. This program is led by a physiotherapist and is offered on Fridays from 11AM-12PM from June 3rd to July 29th. Registration is required. For more information, or to register, please call 416.537.2455, ext. 264.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months. There is a short wait list for this group.
- Baby & Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months. There is a short wait list for this group.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years. If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Yohamma at 416.537.8222, ext. 502 or Stacia at ext. 505.
Women's Connection Programming:
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 2-4PM. This group is for mothers who are experiencing symptoms of PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, please call Grazyna at 416.537.8222, ext. 303.
- Mindful Moms Drop-In is a yoga and mindfulness group for moms that aims to teach participants stress management skills, self-awareness, and self-compassion through techniques such as deep breathing, relaxation, and mindfulness meditation. This group takes place on Fridays from 10:30AM to 1PM from Friday May 6th to June 3rd. Childcare, snacks, and TTC tokens will be provided. Space is available on a first come, first served basis. There are ten childcare spaces available each week. For more information, please call 416.537.8222 ext. 307 (Kendra) or 305 (Isabel).
- Join us for a six week Wellness Group held on Thursdays from 2-4PM from May 26th to June 30th. Learn how to improve your emotional and physical well being through expressive arts, yoga, mindfulness, and relaxation. Snacks and childcare will be provided. Pre-registration is required. Please call 416.537.8222, ext. 309, to register.
- Anger Management Counselling is offered both on a one-to-one basis and in a group format, depending on the needs of individuals and their comfort levels. The program targets two groups: individuals who are mandated by the law to take Anger Management course and people who are interested in taking the course for their own personal growth. Participants are required to attend six to eight sessions in order to complete the program. Referrals are accepted from probation officers, physicians, or other professionals. Self-referrals are also accepted. The program is for people living in the GTA area. For more information or to book an appointment, please call Elizabeth Guete at (416) 537 2455. ext 306.
- In the Parent-Child Mother Goose Program, parents and young children between the ages of 0 and 2 come together to enjoy songs, rhymes and stories. Each group of parents and children meets with two teachers once a week throughout the year. Together, parents and children in the program experience the spark of delight and magic that comes from enjoying a favourite rhyme or song, learn and retain a repertoire of rhymes, songs and stories, and enjoy strengthened bonding. These skills, pleasures and insights are taken home and shared with older children, grandparents, and other parents. The whole family benefits! This program takes place on Tuesdays from 10-11AM from March 29th to May 31st. For more information, please call 416.588.5234, ext.0 or contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org via email. You can also visit Mothergoose online.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Saturday May 21st and Monday May 23rd for Victoria Day.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.