Here's what's on in June:
Street Health and Harm Reduction Programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Board Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday June 15th at 10AM.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- Shirley Hepditch, Client Support Worker, has drop-in hours on Monday and Friday from 10AM-12PM and Tuesday from 2-4PM.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday afternoons from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- The Substance Use-Mental Health-Homelessness Community Advisory Group will take place on Thursday, June 23rd from 1-3PM.
- June is Senior's Month! Click here to view the Senior's Month program flyer.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM. This program will not take place on June 27th.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place on Tuesday June 21st and Monday June 27th from 1-3PM.
- Seniors in Action will take place on Monday June 13th from 3-4:30PM.
- Healing through Music is an inter-generational music program that will take place on Monday June 6th and 20th from 3:30-4:30PM. No previous experience is required, just the love for music and the desire to meet new friends!
- Join us on Tuesday June 7th from 4:30 to 7:30 pm for an Information Session about Fraud Prevention, followed by a Theatre Show. The Smile Theatre Company will be presenting "Canada In Love" at 20 West Lodge Avenue Senior's Building. Light refreshments and Prizes will be offered.
- On Wednesday June 15th, join us for the Parkdale World Elder Abuse Awareness Community Walk. Let's walk back and forth along Queen St. W. to Jameson Ave. to raise awareness and demand the STOP of ELDER ABUSE. After the walk, join us for a fun activity, light refreshments and prizes! Meet at 10:00 am at Parkdale CHC. The walk will take 30-45 minutes.
- Wheel-ing Seniors is a nine-week program for seniors in wheelchairs that will be co-facilitated by a seniors health promoter and two physiotherapists. The group will cover topics such as wheelchair exercising, foot care and skin care, stress management, healthy eating, diabetes prevention, mental and physical well-being, and assertiveness and empowerment. This group will take place on Wednesdays from 3:15-5PM from April 13th to June 1st. Space is limited to 10 participants. Register today!
- Living Life to the Full is a program for caregivers over the age of 55. This program runs on Thursdays from 10-11:30AM from May 5th to June 23rd. This program is full.
- For more information about seniors programming or to register in any of the above programs, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Families and Newcomers Programming:
- Incredible Years is a free parenting program for parents with kids aged 2-6 years old who want to learn more about play, praise, rewards, limit setting, problem solving, and handling misbehaviour. Child care and TTC tokens are available. This program takes place on Wednesdays from 9:30-11:30AM from April 6th until July 6th at Parkdale CHC. To register, please call Anita Win at 416.338.7987 or Rosa at 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
- For more information about newcomers programming, please call Rosa: 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
Health and Dental Programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic takes place on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-7:30PM on June 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 15th, and 16th. The clinic will also be open on Saturday June 18th from 11AM-3PM.
- The Infant Hearing Program takes place on Fridays from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12PM-6PM. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Thursdays and Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455,ext. 222, to book an appointment.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday June 13th at 12:30PM.
- The Insulin Management Group is a four week workshop that will run for three weeks on Thursdays on June 23rd, July 7th, and July 14th from 1:30-3:30PM. This group is targeted towards individuals with type 2 diabetes who are currently using insulin, will be using insulin, or would like to learn more.
- For information about diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months. There is a short wait list for this group.
- Baby & Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months. There is a short wait list for this group.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Fatherhood 101: Dads Drop-In is a drop-in for fathers with children 0-3 years of age. The next session takes place on Wednesday June 29th from 6-7:45pm at 27 Roncesvalles Ave, Suite 503. Childcare, TTC and a light meal will be provided. For more information or to register in this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.537.8222, ext 505.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years. If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Yohamma at 416.537.8222, ext. 502 or Stacia at ext. 505.
Women's Connection Programming:
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 2-4PM. There will not be a session on June 7th. This group is for mothers who are experiencing symptoms of PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, please call Grazyna at 416.537.8222, ext. 303.
- Mindful Moms Drop-In is a yoga and mindfulness group for moms that aims to teach participants stress management skills, self-awareness, and self-compassion through techniques such as deep breathing, relaxation, and mindfulness meditation. This group takes place on Fridays from 10:30AM to 1PM from Friday May 6th to June 3rd. Childcare, snacks, and TTC tokens will be provided. Space is available on a first come, first served basis. There are ten childcare spaces available each week. For more information, please call 416.537.8222 ext. 307 (Kendra) or 305 (Isabel).
- Join us for a six week Wellness Group held on Thursdays from 2-4PM from May 26th to June 30th. Learn how to improve your emotional and physical well being through expressive arts, yoga, mindfulness, and relaxation. Snacks and childcare will be provided. Pre-registration is required. Please call 416.537.8222, ext. 309, to register. This program is currently full.
- Anger Management Counselling is offered both on a one-to-one basis and in a group format, depending on the needs of individuals and their comfort levels. The program targets two groups: individuals who are mandated by the law to take Anger Management course and people who are interested in taking the course for their own personal growth. Participants are required to attend six to eight sessions in order to complete the program. Referrals are accepted from probation officers, physicians, or other professionals. Self-referrals are also accepted. The program is for people living in the GTA area. For more information or to book an appointment, please call Elizabeth Guete at (416) 537 2455. ext 306.
- Parkdale CHC will be closed on Friday July 1st and Saturday July 2nd for Canada Day.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.