Here's what's on in March:
Harm Reduction Programming:
- The Kit Group takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM in the Medium Group Room. To sign up, please call 416.537.2455, ext 271, or drop by the Harm Reduction Room on the first floor.
- KAPOW takes place Fridays from 10-11:30AM in the Board Room. KAPOW will be cancelled on March 3rd and 31st. On March 30th, there will be a special KAPOW/Rise & Shine event at Sistering. For more information, please call Victoria at 416.537.2455, ext. 361.
- The Harm Reduction Program will be open for regular drop-in hours throughout March.
Population Health Programming:
- Shirley Hepditch, Client Support Worker, has drop-in hours on Monday and Friday from 10AM-12PM and Tuesday from 2-4PM. Drop-In will be cancelled on the following dates: March 3rd, 6th, 7th, 10th, 20th, 27th and 28th.
- The next ID Clinic will take place on Wednesday March 15th from 10AM-12PM.
- A housing worker from West End Housing Help is available on Monday March 13th and 27th from 1-4PM. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455 or speak to the first floor receptionist.
- This March and April, Parkdale CHC will be running our annual Income Tax Clinic in partnership with West Neighbourhood House. To qualify, your income must be less than $30, 000 if you are single, $35, 000 if you are single with one child ($2, 500 extra for each child under 18 years), or $40, 000 if you are a couple ($2, 500 extra for each child under 18 years). For more information, or to make an appointment, please call 416.537.2455, ext. 242.
- The English Conversation Club takes place on Mondays from 10AM-12PM.
- The Seniors Wellness Drop-In takes place on Tuesdays from 1-3PM.
- Fit for Life is a pole walking group for participants aged 55 and above. Join us for pole walking, pole strengthening, balance, and stretching. This winter sessions of this program takes place on Wednesdays from 10:30-11:30AM on March 1st and 8th and on Friday March 17th. The spring session of this program starts on Wednesday March 29th. Please wear comfortable clothes and proper footwear for indoor and outdoor walking. For more information, or to register, please contact Sandra at 416.537.2455, ext. 238. Group registration is limited to 10 participants.
- Seniors Cooking Together is a five week cooking program co-facilitated by a Seniors Health Promoter and Registered Dietitian. Cook, learn, and share a meal together! Join us on Thursdays from 10AM-12PM from March 2nd to 30th.
- Seniors in Action will meet on Monday March 20th from 2-3:30PM.
- Join us on Friday March 31st from 10AM-1:30PM for a special Spring Seniors Celebration Day. Let's celebrate active aging! We'll have healthy eating info, physical activities, health and wellness info, community resources, blood pressure checks, hearing checks, door prizes, and light refreshments.
- Living Life to the Full is a program for caregivers over the age of 55 and teaches new skills for coping with life's challenges. Use the principles of cognitive behavioural therapy to learn more about mental well-being and how to make small changes to feel happier, less stress, and more in control. This program runs on Thursdays from 10-11:30AM from May 11th to June 29th. Space is limited to 15 participants. Registration is required.
- For more information about seniors programming or to register in any of the above programs, please call Sandra: 416.537.2455, ext. 238.
Families and Newcomers Programming:
- Bridging the Gap is an inter-generational knitting club for beginner and experienced knitters to share their knowledge and learn new skills. Come to learn, share, socialize, and meet new friends! This group takes place on Wednesdays from 9:30-11:30AM from February 1st to March 29th.
- Make the Connection is a free program for parents and babies from birth to 12 months. Learn more about connecting with your baby in ways that make your baby feel loved and promote language and learning. Meet other parents and find out about services in your community. This group runs on Mondays from 10AM-12PM from February 6th to April 3rd.
- For more information, please call Rosa: 416.537.2455, ext. 231.
Health and Dental Programming:
- The Healthy Smiles Dental Clinic is open from 8AM-4PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and is open from 10AM-6PM on Wednesdays. Note that some Wednesday clinics will take place at 2340 Dundas St West.
- The West End Oral Health Clinic takes place on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:30-7:30PM from March 15th to 30th. The clinic will also be open on Saturday March 25th from 11AM-3PM. The clinic will be closed on March 1st, 2nd, 8th, and 9th.
- The Infant Hearing Program takes place on Fridays from 9AM-4:30PM. For more information, please contact 416.338.8255.
- The Naturopath Clinic takes places on Tuesdays from 12PM-6PM. To book an appointment, please request the sign-up sheet from the first floor receptionist. There is currently a waiting list of six months. For more information, please contact Sarah Bowler, ND (Supervisor) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anonymous HIV testing is offered on Fridays for members of the general public. Please call 416.537.2455,ext. 222, to book an appointment.
- The Living Well Lunch Club will take place on Monday March 20th at 12:30PM.
- Living Life Well with Diabetes is an eight week introductory workshop that teaches participants about blood sugar management, medications, healthy eating on a budget, physical activity, coping with stress, and more. The program runs Thursdays from 1:30-3:30PM from January 26th to March 16th.
- For information about diabetes programming, please call Mel at 416.537.2455, ext 236.
- Mom and Baby Circle takes place Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 0-6 months. There is a waitlist for this program. Please call 416.537.8222, ext 502, for more information.
- Baby & Me takes place Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at 27 Roncesvalles, Suite 503. This program is for parents and caregivers of babies 6-12 months. There is a waitlist for this program. Please call 416.537.8222, ext 502, for more information.
- Prenatal Nutrition and Support takes place Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
- Fatherhood 101: Drop-In for Dads is a drop-in for dads-to-be and dads with children 0-3 years of age. This group will take place on Wednesday March 22nd from 6-7:45pm at 27 Roncesvalles Ave, Suite 503. Childcare, TTC tokens, and a light meal will be provided.
- The Language of Parenting is a prenatal workshop series for expectant parents and their transition to parenting as a couple. This program runs on Wednesday nights from 5:30-7:45PM from February 1st to March 8th.
- Childcare is available for registered participants with children aged 0-12 years. If you would like to register in any 5Ps programs, please call Nevetha at 416.537.8222, ext. 502 or Stacia at ext. 505.
Women's Connection Programming:
- The Postpartum Mood Disorders Support Group takes place on Tuesdays from 2-4PM. This group is for mothers who are experiencing symptoms of PPMD who live in the west end of Toronto. Childcare is provided. For self-referral for intake and assessment regarding postpartum mood disorders, please call Grazyna at 416.537.8222, ext. 303.
- This Thursday March 9th, join us for the Parkdale International Women's Day Celebration. Come celebrate! Enjoy a film, experience a mini mindfulness session, receive a manicure, plus entertainment, refreshments, prizes, and activities for children. This event takes place from 2:30-4:30PM in the auditorium at the Parkdale branch of the Toronto Public Library at 1303 Queen Street West. For more information, please contact Nancy at 416.537.8222, ext. 310, or by email at email@example.com.
Parkdale CHC will be open for regular hours in March.
For more information, or to view a complete list of programs and services offered, please visit our Program Calendar.