PCHC offers psychiatric services to registered clients who are adults over 16 as well as to individuals who are homeless and/or underhoused. Clients must be referred by an internal provider at Parkdale CHC in order to receive psychiatric care.
Our psychiatric services aim to:
- Improve access to mental health services and strengthen the community health centre’s capacity to meet the mental health needs of our clients.
- Provide consultation, diagnosis and treatment recommendations regarding psychiatric issues.
- Make recommendations regarding medication.
- Provide consultation for ODSP applications.
- Provide follow-up regarding the impact of treatment.
PCHC offers two types of psychiatric consultation services:
- A psychiatrist is available to provide consultation and treatment recommendations within a harm reduction framework to clients of PCHC. Additionally, a social worker can provide counselling to clients who experience mental health and/or psychiatric issues. The social worker can provide counselling in Spanish and Portuguese.
- A psychiatrist is available to consult with clients who are homeless and/or underhoused and to make treatment recommendations within a harm reduction framework. Some limited follow-up is provided.
For more information, or to book an appointment, please call 416.537.2455.